Offline main character dissapeared and unable to play others

Yesterday as i was doing the regular stuff, Meph runs, Andariel, Aincient tunnels the game froze. Then my PC froze entirely and i had to shut it down and restart. When i started it again battle.net had to be installed again for some reason.
When I got in the game finally my main character was missing from the character list. Lvl 81 sorc. All my mule characters were still there. However whichever one i click to play with resulted in “unable to join game” message. I looked in my save folder and the files for the character are still there so it definitely isn’t deleted, the game is just not reading it.
After some digging online someone suggested an issue with the shared stash. So I tried it and it works. After I delete my shared stash file all characters become playable again but my main one is still missing.
Not too keen on starting the game again from scratch. Been playing this game for 20 years and never had any issue like this.
I would appreciate any ideas. Can send my save files.
Thanks

2 Likes

same issue here, game crashed and I lost my main offline character sorc lvl 42 or 43 (gone) and the other offline characters from list are unable to join game.

checked the save files and all characters are there including my sorc that is no longer on the list in game.

same issue here, main character gone and other characters unable to play, save files all there.

is there any solution?

SAme issue.
All my chars are gone. Hi-leveled and mules

hey, did you find a way to get your characters back?

Have seen many cases where the character disappears and if it’s not back after the server “calms” down then high chance they are just gone. Blizzard told me that they won’t restore any characters or items… even if it’s caused by a bug on their end…

The difference is that, with offline, the files are saved locally. That means if they were deleted, you could theoretically recover the files. If they are corrupted, again theoretically you can examine them and possibly fix what is wrong with them.

I lost my offline character (Palatin).

• Over Night of October, 16
  • Checked double
  • Windows Notebook

Hint: I finished playing in the late night and closed my Notebook in sleep mode. I DID NOT terminate the game (close). Next Morning my notebook did run out of baterie charge. After restart the notebook and start the game, my offline character was gone.

Hint: When I try to choose a new Character with the same name a popup notifies that the character name is already in use

Hint: If I use a differente character name and try to enter the game a popup notifes that login failed