Character advanced stats not showing offhand

Is this a bug? My advanced stats only show the stats from my main hand weapon and not my offhand. How do I get an accurate assessment of how much damage I’m doing if it’s not registering my offhand stats?

1 Like

I noticed that too when I had Steel and Malice equipped. Only the weapon that was in main hand had its open wounds show up.

Just confirmed this too with a BOTD in the offhand. It doesn’t yield any of its life or mana steal to my mainhand Grief. This is in addition to the bug where if you have bonuses to strength or dexterity in your other gear slots, it will break which weapon can be in mainhand. For instance: Phase Blade requires 136 dexterity to equip. Let’s say you have a torch, Raven Frost ring, Mara’s etc giving you bonus dex to make up that 136 requirement. Because you don’t have enough hard points into it, the game forces the Phase Blade into the offhand slot no matter which one you drop it in. This is extremely annoying, both bugs must be fixed or this game will be in a buggier and worse state than original.

Yeah i have that problem too, if you have 2 (Steel) “Rune word weapon” you only get the stats from 1 and iam not sure why that is at all, i kinda hope it gets fixed as i have to change my setup. :confused:

Also i want to add that “Runes and gems” that gives damage is added to the offhand weapon’s damage, but everything is not added like attack speed and such. :frowning:

I was playing around with this bug earlier. I have enough hard points of each stat to use all of my gear but my offhand weapon still isn’t recognized in the advanced stats interface. I did play around with moving my torch to stash and that seemed to fix it but after I used a token to get the hard points it no longer fixed the issue. This is very annoying and I hope there is a fix for it in the future.

Only main hand advanced stats show. But they still work on that weapon when it is the one swinging.

When will it be repaired? It’s scary

The game chooses what is the main thing. That’s the fault of the game

1 Like

What does this even mean?

May be referring to the bug where you can’t equip the weapon you want in your main hand.

Hi.

Yesterday i just discovered this bug, where my stats from my off hand weapon doesnt show up in the advanced stats and dosent seem to work when im killing monsters.

Im running a Frenzy Barb with Greif PB, Death PB, Gore Rider, Highlord, etc. So alot of stuff which would boost my deadly stike and crushing blow.

Im a lvl 90 Frenzy Barb and im using my Greif in my main hand and my Death in my off hand.

When im checking the advanced stats menu, i for an excample only have 68% Deadly strike, when i got a total of 113%? if i put my Death in my main hand i suddently got 93 deadly strike but missing out my increased attack speed from my Greif.
The Death runework also gives 50 crushing blow but it isint count in the advanded stats either, when i got it equiped in my off hand. I only shows i got 15% crushing blow from my gore riders and the 50% from Death is missing, when i am supposed to have 65%?
If i switch my weapons around, i miss the Increased attack speed from my Greif, the % damage to demons and other stuff too.
The same thing happens when i got my Death on my off hand. Then the stats dosent show and dosent seem to work?

When im running my Death in my main hand i got alot slower attack speed than if i was running with my Greif in my main hand, because the increased attack speed is missing from my Greif, when equiped in the off hand.
The Glacial Spike on my Death runework does work if i got it equiped in my off hand, but alot of the other stuff dosent work?

I have tried to respect and taken all my gear off to put hard points into dex and str and then putting my gear, charms and other stuff on, but it didint helped out?

Does anyone know a solution to this or is it straight up a bug which need to be fixed?

When i discovered it i got very disapointed and actually lost a little of the joy of playing my barb :frowning:

Hi.

I just discoverd this yesterday, when i was playing on my lvl 90 Frenzy Barb.

Im running Greif PB, Death PB, Gore riders, Highlors, Raven frost and so on.

When im checking my advanced stats menu, alot of the stats form my off hand i missing and dosent seem to work, when i slaying monsters.

I running my Greif in main hand and my Death in off hand.
In total i should have 113% deadly strike and 65% crushing blow. But i only got 68% deadly strike and 15% crushing blow.
It seems like it only counts the 20% deadly strike from Grief, 15% from gore riders and 33% from Highlords.
Death runeword gives 50% crushing blow and in my case 45% deadly strike but these stats arent counted in the stats, when equiped in my off hand.
The same thing happens if i switch around my weapons. If i put Greif in my off hand, It dosent show the increased attack speed and the % damage to demons and more.
Im also attacking alot slower when i got Death in main hand and Greif in off hand becasuse the 32% IAS on my Greif isint showing / working, and the deadly strike from Greif isint showing / working either when equiped in off hand and the other way around :S
The Glacial spike “passive” on my Death is working fine, when equiped in my off hand, but alot of the other stats isint working.

I have tried to respec and has taken all my gear off plus my charms and torch and putting hard points into dex and str and then putting my gear on again to see if it worked. But it didint…

Im pretty sad about this and i lost some of the joy with playing on my Barb becasuse he dosent seem to work as intented :frowning:

Is it a bug or is there any solution to this problem?
There must be a problem with this, because i can see and feel im missing the attack speed if Greif is equiped in the off hand, and im missing alot of my crushing blow and deadly strike in i got my Death in the off hand.

Offhand advanced stats don’t apply in stat screen. But they do work, however they only effect that weapon. So your death still has that added deadly strike, but only when that particular weapon is swinging. Don’t worry about it it not showing in the stat screen.

But how do you explain that the IAS is missing from my Greif when i equip it in my off hand?

I can clearly feel, that im not swinging as fast, as if i got my Greif in my main hand :S

1 Like

Only the ias in your main hand weapon effects the speed of the first attack. Like ww, you want the faster weapon in your main hand. It’s a little complicated. Quoted from another thread.

“ Frenzy is a sequence of two attacks, and the IAS of the primary weapon is always used to determine the length of the first attack in that sequence: it continues to be used if that first attack misses or gets blocked, but if it hits then the IAS of the secondary weapon is used to determine the length of the second attack in that sequence. Obviously this means that the primary weapon’s IAS is still more important, and when the secondary weapon’s IAS is used it only determines the length of the second attack.

Consequently, the practical difference normally isn’t that great (which is one of the reasons I thought I’d regret bringing it up). Assuming level 27 Frenzy (45 EIAS once fully charged), Breath of the Dying Berserker Axe (60 IAS) as primary weapon and Death Berserker Axe (0 IAS) as secondary weapon, then according to TitanSeal’s [Attack Speed Calculator] a further 45 non-weapon IAS is required for maximum 10 frame attack rate when the first attack misses. According to the script posted by TitanSeal (and quickly confirmed by testing), 89 non-weapon IAS is required for maximum 10 frame attack rate when the first attack hits (for which players are aiming as often as possible), but only 39 non-weapon IAS is required for 11 frames.

I’d be surprised if anybody noticed a difference between 10 and 11 frames while playing, particularly since that’s the combined length of two attacks and Frenzy has to charge up before it reaches those speeds. The difference in effective attack rate between a consistent 10 frames at 89 IAS and 10-11 frames at 45 IAS depends on chance-to-hit:

Code:

CHANCE-TO-HIT   EFFECTIVE ATTACK RATE (45 IAS)    INCREASE AT 10 FRAMES (89 IAS)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          75%                            10.75                             6.97%
          80%                            10.8                              7.4%
          85%                            10.85                             7.83%
          90%                            10.9                              8.25%
          95%                            10.95                             8.67%

Against monsters with block any increase would be further reduced, particularly against Act bosses: a Barbarian with 75% chance to hit Baal in Hell would have 55% of hits blocked, resulting in a 10 frame attack rate 66.25% of the time, so going from 10-11 frames with 45 IAS to 10 frames with 89 IAS would only result in an approximate 3.26% attack rate increase.”

2 Likes

Oh okay!

Your answers actually helped me alot DameSp :slight_smile:

It makes sense now.

1 Like

Glad I could be helpful a bit. Best of luck!