CHANGE! Diablo Clone and Stone of Jordan

I wish for Blizzard to change the Diablo Clone to be server wide on NA or EU or Asia

So that players region wide can plan Walks and then many random players can be surprised when Diablo walks their game.

The current system of a specific IP on one of the 4 clusters just stresses the servers and is leaving many people who donated SoJ to these Walks without a game at all.

Need a better system

If not Region wide maybe make it Cluster wide on the 4 different server clusters. That would be a massive improvement too.

5 Likes

You already know how this is going to work. More will get on the market and we will be able to get one for a reasonable HR depending on the roll.Just have patience this will happen within time unlike Blizzard changing it .

A design on having to sell a super rare item to combat a mass dupe shouldnā€™t be a thing on D2R.

Change it so that you have to collect something like ā€˜black soulstoneā€™ and combine it with something else to summon D clone to your game. No more selling SOJs.

1 Like

That is a good idea tooā€¦ but then I think itā€™s more about remembering the history and nostalgia.

Alsoā€¦ people duped so many SoJ back in the day. We should repent and pay back the debt that is owed over the next 20 years. Donā€™t you think?

3 Likes

meh i donā€™t see an issue. it is end game item that isnā€™t extremely vitalā€¦ come on +1 skill, 10-20 stats, 10-20 res aint going to make or break ANY characterā€¦not going to turn your character struggling with rakanishu into a rakanishu abuser. iā€™m fine with the system, you can easily accidentally create/land in a game with the correct IP and have dclone spawn for you without selling a single SoJā€¦if you really want an anni i can try to hook you up with finding a gameā€¦people are walking dclone a lotā€¦

Better change would be just make it like Single Player and it is game specific. If you sell an SOJ in your game, Diablo Walks the Earth, but only in your game.

This one is the most ideal in my opinion.

But another great alternative would be Diablo has a very low chance of spawning in your hell game. This is where you yell ā€œHOLY S***!ā€ when the screen starts shaking, and if its in a public game, people are going to start hostling each other. This actually makes the most out of this event. It turns a cow/baal game into an FFA dueling game where the last man standing gets to fight Diablo for the Anni. Thatā€™s the true Diablo atmosphere.

Edit: I didnā€™t realize Jediā€™s second suggestion was this as well while still keeping the nostalgia from the SoJ selling aspect.

1 Like

Thatā€™s where thought #2 comes in.

1 Like

Anni is a luxury, not a requirement. You can get an Anni for literally 1hr

No changes thanks.

It also needs to not be limited/hoarded to those who know how to use netstat commands. People that do this are hoarding them all to themselves, even charging fees for people to participate. If you think thatā€™s OK, then you are either part of this group that hoards the annis, or donā€™t have a clue.

1 Like

Also I heard the IP addresses are capped at around 250 games. So thatā€™s potentially 250 Annis being distributed for 120 Soj being sold. So literally the only way to get an Anni is by finding 100 dudes that all have the same IP address. Yeah they definitely need to switch it to one of the two methods DarkJedi suggested. The IP address mechanic completely ruins this event.

yes i agree pretty annoying, if you want to hunt for one youā€™re stuck with either selling an soj or two or ya gotta find the ip. but back in classic i got many of my annis through just doing my normal farming runs. a dclone would end up spawning every so often, especially around 2008/2009ā€¦ given enough time iā€™m willing to bet it will be like this too, spawning in random pk & trade games like it used to

1 Like