Casc Viewer (fast load) bugged my patch - fix included

So I was not seeing various patch changes in the game after patch went live today. I was able to play games and even ID items in cube via Cain, but didn’t see changes to the game listing, auto map auto open in the options, or custom key bindings for opening cube.

I tried repairing the install, logging out of bnet, closing bnet, etc.

It only fixed itself after I deleted the 3 folders I had “copied” into my D2R/Data folder to “speed up load times” from the CascViewer tool that Llama made a video about.

After deleting those local, hd, and global folders, the patch seemed to turn on.

I’m guessing those folders existences overwrote what the patch was trying to show in game.

I also removed the -txt and -direct command lines from the game, which were steps as part of using Ladik’s Casc Viewer.

Sharing in case others are having similar problems.

1 Like

Glad you figured out your problem.

1 Like

Yep, whenever big patches like this happen you’ll need to re-extract the “global”, “local”, and “hd” folders and replace them.

weird i use -direct and -txt and everything is lightning fast still without changing anything…

loading times without using casc viewer definitely feels way faster after the patch

Does the game lobby online have the latency dots next to game names?

it did, and then it didn’t… it’s been weird. but my game doesn’t crash. everything still works. and seems fast.

I’m trying to help you determine if the full patch has been applied. If you used Casc before patch, and are still loading from Casc files, some of the patched things won’t be visible to you.

i don’t need the search function anyway, i play private games only.

but like i said, the search function was there, and then it disappeared. so ya, i dunno… it’s not a big deal.