Can't find stairs to level 2 of sewers under Kurast Bazaar, PC, Offline, Normal

I’m Offline, playing Barbarian “ConcBarb” on a PC, Normal. Have Quest to find Khalim’s Heart in the sewers under Kurast Bazaar. Went into Sewers and searched. Can’t find the stairs to level 2. The map doesn’t show it anywhere. Tried saving and starting a new game. Since its Offline it uses the previous map. I’m stuck.

1 Like

Same issue here, I spent 5 hours buddy to locate the switch or the door, but nothing.

1 Like

Anyone from Blizzard, care to answer to us??? Wtf??

Its New Years Eve. I doubt your answer will get replied, till Monday. Chillax everyone!

The post made last year October…Still no solution, missing the door and the switch, I reinstall the game etc. Frustrating really. It’s not just a server issue or lag or any common problem, we stuck and we can’t enjoy what we paid for.

You should upload a video of it to YouTube or some place where we can see you search every inch of kurast sewers level1 and to diagnose if it’s really mapped with no exit or you’re just missing it… this has never happened to me luckily but I’ve heard issues of no exits from the underground passage inact 1.

Lastly, this is console bug report… not PC.

Here it is 2023 and same issue. I noticed that Riftwing is not present either. Definitely a bug. Can’t really play forward to this point. Bliz needs to fix this. I will post anything I find in the future.

Update:
It appears that certain maps for the sewers level 2 are porked (no switch found on entire first level). Found work around if anyone comes across this issue. The fix is as follows;

If it’s really not there (possible bug with a certain map seed?) you can force a reset of your maps by using the seed command in the launcher. Here’s how to do that step by step:

Go to the D2R page of the blizzard launcher

2. Go to “Game Settings” under the gear next to the play button

3. Check the box “Additional command line arguments”

4. In the dialog box that appears type “-seed 391310600”

5. Press Done and then launch the game

6. Start playing with that same stuck character, you will see that the map is different, and it will be undiscovered for you

7. Close out the game again, go back into settings, and remove the -seed command or uncheck the additional command line check box

I can guarantee that particular seed has a sewers level 2 in it since I completed the game on that seed. I recommend removing the seed command after you have reset your maps but before you continue to play. The seed command being left on can cause some weird things to happen, plus any other characters you play will get set to that same map.