Cant create game on Australian Server anymore

When the game first launched, I could create games that were based on the Australian Server with 30 ping.

After the last patch, I can only view American Games and when I create a game I have 250/300 ping, which I am assuming I’m on the American Servers.

Does anyone else have this issue and are there any fixes?

4 Likes

I can still make 30ms australian games maybe try changing regions to europe or asia and back ? make sure u have no firewall on etc

I’ve tried those and other ways but for some reason I’m stuck on American Servers.

It’s so strange as it worked perfectly before.

1 Like

I started to experience exact same issue since yesterday.
Whenever I create the game, I’m getting 200-300ms but if I join games created by my irl friends, ping is around 30ms.

1 Like

Have you found any fixes?

once this happened to me I’ve been stuck on American servers and can’t create any Australian server games.

1 Like

I’ve submitted a ticket and waiting for their response at the moment. This issue was mentioned in one of the patch note but I’m guessing it’s still not fixed properly.

1 Like

I guess blizzard have the algorithm to look into the ip where you are connecting from, and allocate the closest geo server for you. However, since their servers can’t handle more and more customers. Now they just allocate a random free server for you since your geo server might be full aready…

game getting a joke for us aussies trying to make games

4 Likes

Just wondering what kind of internet and provider do you guys have? I am from Sydney and everything was running fine till last night. When I switched my home internet from Telstra NBN to TPG 5G Home Broadband.

Whenever I try to create a game now, battlenet thinks I am in Brazil! All the games I create are 400 ping and all the lobbies I see in the lobby list are from Brazil, 50% of them are in Portuguese not even in English!

I am still having this issue. Nothing changed on my end, it happened what the game was patched a few weeks ago. I put in a ticket and they made me run tests, gave them all the results and they eventually said oh yeah customer support cant help with this, but we have forwarded the problem to our bug team. They didn’t believe me that it was on their end. Tried to blame my wireless connection and my dns. Then they tried to say that having both my vpn and teamviewer applications running (not connected, simply running) were the culprits. News flash! I always have these programs running. I can connect to aussie servers on Overwatch and Diablo 3 which both use a similar system of automatically connecting you to a server in matchmaking.

New patch this morning, still getting connected to the americas or wherever the hell. 200ms. Garbage.

I don’t see this issue anymore - it appears that whenever the issue occurs, client tries to connect AU servers first and then ends up in US when they fail.

its still an issue for me. I cant even solo play anymore. Whenever I want to play I can only ask my friends to create a game for me.

3 Likes

Still an issue. Customer service gave up on ticket. What the hell is going on

is anyone still having this problem? because i am…

1 Like

i see we are back to the same old garbage from blizzard didnt take long to get the same as old D2 what a joke

Still a problem. Still no fixes. I can’t and won’t play this game on 200ms.

same issue when switching to 5G homeband from NBN…200+ms…in Melb