Can't create a game?

How much of a bunch of screwups do you guys have to be to disable TCP/IP, take all the load on to your servers, and then not have enough servers to support the load?

Managed to screw up a 22 year old game remaster. All you had to do was update the graphics, and managed to find a way to screw it up. That takes real effort.

5 Likes

Someone call the wahhhhmbulance on this fool.

edit. guys this game is probably being absolutely blasted with logins. We have people accessing their newly created char on 2 or more platforms… so much potential for problems.

While I don’t share the “heat” in your comment, I do share your frustration.

All this is making me wonder: will the employee who signed-off on the beta test results get fired or not? I mean, weren’t those tests specifically aimed at getting server provisioning right? It’s not as though Blizz didn’t know exactly how many copies were sold…

:confused:

3 Likes

There’s a bajillion people playing right now and I’m sure there’s also a bunch of trolls out there finding ways to put a strain on blizzard’s resources.

Have you ever played any hyped up online multiplayer game on release day before?
This is par for the course.

Well lets be honest they had 22 years and all they had to do at launch was just “SetServerIssues=0” and they would have no problem…idiots

1 Like

I’m on it! Calling Wham-1-1 Right now!

I’m not sure I know what a bajillion is, but… Blizz knew in advance what the “worst case” for server provisioning would be - the max number of copies sold. Something definitely they knew for sure.

They also know what network resources are needed to accommodate a single game. Scaling up server support is not difficult in these modern times.

These are known issues, performed by companies across the globe every day. It’s too easy to say “day 1 issues” to excuse behavior that should most-definitely had planned better for what they must have known would be the network/server loads…

Am I surprised at this point? Definitely not. Have been saying this would happen since beta, when they excluded Necros.

But, as your scolding Karen-mother-birthing-person says when they want to twist the knife: I’m not angry, but I am disappointed…

Sheesh…

1 Like

I’m usually pretty easy going on the first few days of game release, but the one thing that did bug me was the lack of tcp/ip. If you remove the ability for players to manually connect with each other, you need to hold up your end of the bargain and make sure they can connect otherwise.

1 Like

Technically you are still using TCP/IP.

:stuck_out_tongue:

New to this version is the ability to use the same online characters on all servers. Created a game no problem on the Euro server using my sorc created on the americas server.
Had zero issues playing on the euro server.

please blizz… been unable to play my character for 3 + hours says:

“Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again.”

Thanks, at least I get to play now, albeit with some lag

you’re welcome @Leisa-1315.

I had that for like 3 hours, it wasn’t fixed until they restarted the servers during the 45 minute maintenance earlier today.

How to play right now ( 100% working ) - #3 by Badminou-1821 The Fix

I agree. First thing I did was transfer all of my single player chapters and organize. I then realized, why did I do all of this? My family and I can no longer use the single player characters and play together. Hundreds of agonizing hours to build these characters together and cannot even use them. Also, it was said that on single player, one would only need to log in once for account verification. From what I am seizing, it checks every single time you log on

2 Likes

That’s really what bugs me, yeah. They deliberately removed our ability to host games ourselves, and didn’t bother to have servers ready that could handle a game that ran on cheap hardware 2 decades ago.