Can't connect to server after Switch Update

True. Even on vanilla release PS4 everything is working fine now with D2R online mode.

But when people are using toasters as a router with UPNP disabled and nothing on the router configured, they wil be confronted with disconnects ingame.

1 Like

Exactly. Geridian.

If there are issues lets get the true info out there. What I’m seeing about every supposed issue is someone says “refund” someone says “#^$^@ Blizzard” and then they vanish into the mist again.

Most of the time lacking detail or any desire to see the game reach a playable state by their standards. It’s crazy.

1 Like

same as well Today finally connected but lose all online character

Maybe those people created offline and online character with the same name, or created an online character with the same name again and again when they thought the character was gone?

Nobody knows for sure, but this may cause issues on server side.

The bug with “same name for offline and online characters” got fixed with one of the patches, but “created an online character with the same name again and again when they thought the character was gone” could cause problems from a logical standpoint, if a person knows basic file system stuff. But if this could cause issues for real, only Blizzard knows.

1 Like

When ever patches are less than 7 days apart I know there are people working very hard to correct issues.

Knowing exactly what’s going on would be interesting but it’s not manditory. Half of the very angry people on the forums are simply reacting with too little information.

It’s all good people they are on it.

1 Like

The only information i care about is “enable to connect” on my switch. And the only excuse for a game over 10 years old is all the servers burned down.

1 Like

Can you please stop being Stockholm syndrome?
I pre-ordered for playing this game after its release not for 2 months later.

Failure after release is unacceptable in real world business, it’s common sense in every society, okay?
At least looking for excuse after you ship a minimum viable product with some imperfection, but for us switch player is completely broken and not playable at all, okay?

1 Like

Early evening last night 10/20 I was able to login and play on my Switch, but in an attempt to do so this morning (before the house woke up) it left me with the “check to see if your connected to the internet” prompt. Anyone able to connect?

This guy just go to every post and defend blizzard.

I hope he also share the same standard when he buys a car, a house, a tv or so.

I own the ps5 copy and switch copy (for the bad held out of home experience). Starting a game on the ps5 version has been inconsistent but seems to be better and the queue system at least sets the expectation. But currently logging in to the switch version is noticeably harder. It’s just fails to connect much more often, I couldn’t even log in late tonight for the past hour. I don’t get why anyone is giving blizzard any excuse on this. Users here have paid money (two copies in my case) and different groups are getting a worse off experience. Is it going to get fixed? Maybe, I hope so. Is it good enough now, no! Of course it’s not good enough.

Fix the Nintendo Switch version I can’t believe it’s still not allowing a connection. Spent money on this product and it’s been unusable a significant amount of time. This is disappointing to say the least.

Exactly same for me. Seems the server needs its beauty rest and will not work in the morning hours.

Then just try to issue a refund on Nintendo, or wait for a fix with the next patch which should be in submission at Nintendo.
But for real: Stop crying.
Blizzard will not care, so just never buy a game from Blizzard again.
Thank you.

Maybe the login server got many incoming connections for your region (Because all platforms the game is available on use the same login server) at the same time in the morning >> Created a queue out of the incoming connections >> Since Switch is missing the queue patch it just disconnected with error screen.

And maybe there is no queue active at the night, because less players try to start the games online mode.

Switch still offline. Come on Blizz.

Uninstalled/reinstalled/wiped, nothing works, still can’t connect. It’s been about a week.

I just bought the game… why didn’t I read the forum before buying it. I can’t even play offline.

Directly after the Diablo II logo it says press A to Beginn. And then trying to reach battle.net…

Omg I was really looking forward in playing it.

How can you guys play offline? Or do you have the same and nothing works?

1 Like

What the suck company .You know nitendo didnt agree that process to refund with user.So you didnt care about this.

1 Like

Yup, been 3 days now, had it working for weeks, and now completely gone, very frustrating…

I hade the same problem the other day. Only after being able to connect once did i get access to single player.