Cannot connect to server

For a few days now d2r wont connect online on my xbox x. Offline plays fine. Gives me a “cannot connect to server” error or " an issue occured while communicating with the game servers" error. My internet is fine. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution?

Howdy!

I’m not seeing any major trending reports. If the issue is still occurring, I recommend the following troubleshooting:

1. Shut down the console, and unplug the console from the wall(This will clear its cache). Power Cycle the home network’s modem and router to refresh the connection to all network devices and the Internet Service Provider. Steps on how to do this can be found Here. Once the network is back online plug back in the console and turn it on.

2. Ensure ports for the console and game are open at the router level. Given so many different routers out in the world we can’t support this step but we have a fan site that can help you Here. If your Internet Service Provider, is who you got your router from they can assist with this step as well or the router manufacturer if you purchased it for yourself.

3. The most common connection issue we see when it comes to consoles is related to unstable Wi-Fi. If you have the ability to switch to a wired Ethernet connection, we strongly recommend to do so to help narrow down the source. If this helped your Internet Service Provider can assist with troubleshooting the connection.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have the same problem everything else on my PlayStation is working except for diablo2 online.
I’ve been chatting with the support bots or whatever and they have no clue and won’t help.
I’ve restarted internet deleted diablo deleted my PSn nothing works is there anyway to cancel the account connected to my PSn and making a new one

I also have issues after the new upgrade (1.6.75734) was installed on my ps5 4 days ago.
Since the upgrade it just states “cannot connect to server”. As you also mention, then everything else on ps5 or any other device works just fine for that matter.
However I am not able to play offline either as I bought my edition online and it seems to need to connect to server whenever I start the game.
Please fix your server issues and stop stalling Blizzard…

Tried your solution but cannot help anyway.

On Xbox S. Can’t connect to battle net server since Aug 23. I only play offline, but since then can’t get in with this issue still there. Same issue reported by quite a few posts on an Asia forum, on xbox as well as PS. Seems issue started about the same date, after some auto game update. Also, The server connection screen says KR . in the lower right corner. Can the KR server be the cause? Appreciate Blizzard can look into it. Does not look like it’s something wrong on players’ end.

How are you able to play offline mode? D2r always gives me connection error and I cannot see my offline characters at all.

Same here. Even offline needs connection to Battle net, which has failed since like a week ago. Unlikely an issue on my end, as I see an outburst of posts on an Asia forum about the issue over the past week also, and I don’t have any issue playing other games, including D4!!

Same problem I’m on PlayStation and on July 27th I lost my online play but could still play offline then about a week ago I lost offline play both battle net and PlayStation will not fix the problem I even tried a second account to see if I could play offline but still same issue “trying to find server” “cannot find server”

It seems blizzard couldn’t care less about us console players.

Customer support team: I’m convinced this server connection failure has been prevalent in Asia, for the past 2 weeks or so, presumably after some recent game update. I see so many recent posts about the issue on some Asia forum. Could you please look into it?

PS5 cannot connect to server. Strangely can join other people’s games.

Im having the same problem. I can join other games but I cant make my own. I’ve done all the normal problem solving and nothing works. Also when I join a game, after a few seconds I get another error, “failed to join”, but after accepting the prompt I still stay in the game and continue to play just fine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.