Can you play offline mode without internet connection

Hi, I just had my internet connection go down for 4 days, and it doesn’t seem that you can start the game without connecting to the internet? Anyone got a workaround?

You have to log into Battlenet app once every 30 days. Then you can play Offline for 30 days before needing to log in again.

2 Likes

I can’t get this to work. When I click on the cogwheel thing and then game settings there’s no option to ‘continue without logging in’.

Don’t use the launcher. Run the program directly. It will still default to your online characters initially, but once you play your offline characters for a while, it will default to them and not even attempt to log into battle.net. At least until it tries to connect again in 30 days.

1 Like

How do you run the program directly?

Man, pretty old necro. But anyways what they mean by running the program directly is launching D2R.exe, you’ll find it in your D2R installation folder. Like mine is at “H:\Games\Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe”.

1 Like

It’s still wanting connection to get in.

Yet another necro haha. If you just purchased D2R then you need to login to Bnet with an internet connection to get a verfication token, then you can play offline for up to 30 days. After those 30 days have passed you will need to login again and so on.

Unfortunately this is the DRM that Blizz has with D2R, I would’ve preferred 100% offline but alas. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

2 Likes

Hit escape when it tries to connect to b.net and provided you’ve authenticated within 30 days, it should go to offline characters.

Then you wont like D4 haha

This was set up by Blizzard in order for them to be able to steal money, and it’s actually illegal. In fact Blizzards entire silence system is illegal due to what it’s intent is designed to do. The whole you’ve done something wrong is a cover for a more malicious and illegal practice.

The legal system is eventually going to catch up and go after at the video game industry.

1 Like