Can you fix warcry barbs

maybe lower mana cost and make it able to crit or crushing blow seeing as how even with sundercharm physical immues and stoneskins take forever to kill i love useing a warcry barb hes great but i always avoid these guys because its not worth the time to go get reaper toll to swap with insight and then back again so i can tele and warcry without useing 1000 mana pots a run.

Warcry barbs have been my go-to character for a long time. I’ve actually never used reaper’s toll. I prefer brand bow on my switch. Merc can use insight so mana isn’t as much of an issue. Of course the problem with that is finding Jah and Lo.

I currently have 3 setups with my wc barb; max dmg, gold find, and a compromise between the two. I use vipermagi with lem, a pair of rare gf boots, and a +3 ammy for all 3. On the max dmg setup, I use dual HotO’s, magefist, arach sash, bahamut’s ring, rare ring with mana, and a +4 wc barb helm. I target 105 fcr for this setup.

On the gf setup, I use dual dwarf stars, dual 6-lem crystal swords, chance guards, a craft fcr belt with gf, and ik helm with 2 lems. My target fcr here is only 37. Unfortunately, I’m only at 35 at the moment. My gold find is currently between 1800-1900. Trav regularly drops 400-600k gold. The max gold drop I see from regular monsters is about 11k with an average probably in the 6k-8k range.

The compromise setup replaces chance guards with magefist and the craft belt with arach. Gold find here is still in the 1400-1500 range, but I now hit the 62 fcr breakpoint.

The only reason I can across your post is I was googling about Brand bow vs. Reaper’s Toll in for this type of character and saw your two day old post. I recently ran the cow level with a wc barb using reaper’s toll and I feel my brand setup was performing better than reaper’s toll. I was getting annoyed when his decrepify was canceling my amplify dmg.

The tricky thing about the Brand setup is that you obviously have to take some damage to get the amplify damage to “brand” the monsters. For low level monsters, i.e. pit runs, this isn’t much of a problem because they generally can’t hurt you too bad. For higher levels, like chaos and the cow level, you have to run around the outside of packs and wait for the amp dmg to flash. I always keep both my weapon switch skills set to warcry while doing this. Sometimes, you’ll initiate the first warcry prior to switching to your main weapon and in this case, you still want warcry to be cast, so it’s good for it to be your active skill even when wielding brand. It’s important for warcry to be set as the active skill on your primary weapon prior to switching to brand. That way, as soon as you switch off the brand you can immediately start warcrying.

Not sure if that’s helpful, but I love playing wc barbs so thought I’d offer my 2 cents.

1 Like

This is the classic Diablo II forum.

Go here to ask your question. General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums

Warcry Barb is actually a good farmer once you have enigma and high cast rate (can get to same breakpoint as Sorc)

I like to use warcry with Azurewrath so it doubles damage vs undead cuz it counts as a physical on hit effect, can farm world stone better than hammerdin

The only problem is getting cast rate circlet and Ammy