Can 2.4 runewords be made in single player?

i mean i would assume so, as the old ladder only runeword were available in single player, but i don’t want to waste the runes.

(obviously the old runewords in new bases work, thats not what im asking, i mean the NEW runeword)

According to the developer interview they did a while back, the ladder only runewords will be available to offline single player after the ladder season is over. (As well as in non-ladder.)

2 Likes

well thats BS… why should singleplayer have to wait…

1 Like

To entice more people to participate in seasons. Duh

It’s been like that since forever

1 Like

Yes, cube recipes and runewords are working in offline

Still, make a backup file beforehand Incase they hotpatch it or something, but I did try making a wisdom and it worked, as well as upping a hwanin bill. Note, improper level requirement display bug from ptr is still present on upping set items.

Because Blizzard had been obsessed with online group play since like forever. Remember, before D2R, single players had to use mods to access the pre-D2R ladder only runewords. (Which was honestly a nightmare for the Single Player community as it caused divisions.)

Are you talking about the new ladder runewords like Mist and Flickering Flame? Or the older ones that were made universal when D2R first came out. (Or the old runewords that can now be made in new bases?)

I made wisdom which is new

Interesting. I wonder if that’s a bug or intended. I mean, I don’t see any reason not to give them to offline Single Player right away. (Witholding them isn’t going to get the SPers to play ladder.) But that never stopped them with Legacy D2.

1 Like

COOOOL!

For two days, I was upset because according to the patch notes it didn’t say Offline would have access to them. After seeing your post, I made an Unbending Will for my Frenzy Barb Merc.

This is so awesome and puts my mind at ease. I apologize to anybody I upset with my unwarranted anger.

Sorry, folks.

and it worked? NICE!

Yeah, it worked. (more characters)

1 Like

I’d probably hold off on any of the really rare stuff (either runes or bases) until we know for sure it’s intended and those items won’t just disappear with some random patch.

1 Like

That was my thought too. Wouldn’t know why it wouldn’t be intended but I’m not making anything that requires more than a Pul until I know for certain.

1 Like

Just make backups. Worse comes to worse, you can get your runes back or hero edit them in. I didn’t save my wisdom, I just wanted to see if it worked after a conversation I had with someone patch night when I realized that they changed the notes afterwards.