Bug: Guided Arrow Does Not Guide

Guided Arrow does not track enemies. Confirmed on Xbox, PS4, Switch. No matter how many levels you put into it, it does NOT track enemies or guide at all.

They track only if the target is selected or few feet from your character, otherwise act as normal arrows and fly pass the enemy’s as even they’re not there. If i remember correctly from the original d2 20+ years ago, the quided arrows must track the closest enemy to them, not only the selected ones. Few minutes ago i was fighting diablo and the arrows just keep passing him or even missing him if accidentally they are flying at his body. The description says always hit and tracking enemy’s but this is BS.

On normal diablo after about a screen away, guided arrows will not auto target any more. On console you can’t even shoot an arrow as close to an enemy as it takes for it to begin tracking without auto name locking. It makes sense that if in enemy is far enough away that you aren’t name locking it on console, guided would be outside the range that it auto tracked a non name locked target.

I can confirm that guided arrow on PS5 is definitely broken. It acts as a normal arrow and it always hits definitely maybe, 50% of the 10% of times the arrow actually counts as damage. In the old d2, that arrow would detour something fierce, always seeking targets. It would hit enemies around the corner at least a screen and half away (there was an innate range allowed for the game to process the arrow). It seems like if the enemy is out of the “light radius”, it does nothing but act like a normal arrow. You need to address this problem as it really destroys any bow build that does not rely on frost.

2 Likes

PC using controller same problem: guided arrow don’t auto aim… stupid bug, fix this please.

Ginger Gaming Mentor explains in his video how it works.

guided arrow does not pierce or seek target? LOL RIP amazon