Buff Teeth to be end game viable plz

I love the teeth spell, but it becomes weak allready in the mid of normal act. I would like to make an Hell build with teeth, but its just not good enough to do so.
I dont like the single target skill bonespear. A skill like teeth would be nice to farm places like the pit, and Ancient tunnels and stuff. The synergies the teeth get dosnt do anything tbh.

1 Like

You don’t use teeth. Use bone spear, amp, and corpse explosion. Don’t even max it if you’re a bone necro. Max bone wall and bone prison first for the dual synergy. Thank me later.

1 Like

As I said I want teeth to be buffed to be viable in endgame if i wanted to use Bonespear I didnt make this topic, so no I wont thank you for not make a meaning full answer to this topic.

Amplify damage with corpse explosion will clear the entire screen in the pit, or any other map. Use bone spirit or a merc then for the first kill… just trying to help. You know what… teeth will kill the little minions in a few hits… that works too.

If you were designing a game. Why would you want a level 1 talent do and much damage as a let’s say 18.

You wouldn’t or shouldn’t.

1 talent is a filler until you get your level 18.

Would is be nice having every single talent good for a max level character? Sure. But it would be poor game design if it were true. You level to get better talents that kill things better. If what you got at level 1 worked at level 99 it would kind of ruin the fun of leveling. It wouldn’t be exciting because you never got anything new or better than a level 1 talent.

1 Like

that is simply fixed by making the lvl 30 synergy give a disperaportinate bonus to teeth. Thus at lvl 20 you don’t have an end game skill but at lvl 40-50 you can have something pretty tough.

Teeth is relatively strong, if you figure you can spam it at a group of enemies the damage is decent. What people are really asking for is for it to shotgun like charged strike does. If you could get a hit on one target with a few different teeth it would be exponentially more powerful .

1 Like

Yeah but teeth doesn’t have a shotgun and bone spear is the higher skill. Respec into that don’t use a lvl 1 skill for the whole game its not intended.

I dont…Allmost all answers here are irrelevant to what i asked. But ok guess thats how it is. I dont get a endgame version of teeth I get it, so dont tell me to use other skills or something. It was a question of skill boost not a question about a build. I just use my poison nova wich is more fun than bone spear. The hole thought of this topic was a more usefull attack skill than nova. But I guess ill stick to it.

1 Like

Its just not how the game functions. Teeth is cool but its like holy fire/zeal on a paladin its really only viable in normal or early nightmare. Endgame build wise you need to respec at that point and pump skills into other skills further down the tree. Corpse explosion is by far the best endgame skill once you down one you can just slaughter entire groups easily. The problem with teeth is when you close fire it even with the tight spread only one projectile is going to hit said target because its meant to clear groups. You could still use it you’ll just be less effective. Even if they buffed the damage on hell no shotgun means no go.

Yea ok true. Was also just asking just liked the idea of a sort of multishot necro. But i see you point.

1 Like

If you really wanna do something different go for an Edge runeword in a chu-ko-nu and fire away. This build is actually good with the right gear.

It’s bone spear, but proc’d from shooting a machine gun basically. The proc effect synergizes with the corresponding bone spells.

1 Like

Teeth is actually better than most people think, but it depends on large crowds of enemies. Really the main issue is only one tooth can hit the same enemy, if adjoining teeth could both hit, that would be a huge buff by itself.

But if you max all the synergy skills, Teeth does acceptable damage even in hell vs large groups, plus the damage reactions it causes serve as minor crowd control. Think about it this way:

Your bone spirit might do 1700 damage to 1 enemy…
Teeth will do ~350 with the same synergies, per target

If you are regularly hitting more than 5 enemies, Teeth is doing more total damage than bone spirit.

1 Like

What lol.

Amplify damage is level one skill useful throughout hell. So is lycanthropy. So is summon skeletons and skeletal mastery. So is werewolf. We ain’t even talking about lowly lvl 6 skills being useful through hell cause we’d be here all day.

Stay out of game design imo. There’s nothing wrong with horizontal growth system where as you level you get more options instead of better options. Skills do not need to grow obsolete the further you level. You can get more Skills and it’s just as fun.

In fact having useless skills is pretty stupid and adds less to the game if anything at all… What’s the point of having any skill at all become useless? Isn’t it more fun if all the skill have a use and good in different scenarios? Bone spear can be good in a line, bone spirit is good single target while teeth can be good in dense cluster.

lets give necro’s curse of Death: curse a group of enemies within 30 yerds. all cursed enemies die in 0.5 seconds.

lets also buff necro’s Bone armor/shield (w/e it’s called): +10,000 damage absorb, lasts 600 seconds

lets also give them teleport baseline. no need for enigma.

Also… lets give them a new ability called Death Stare: The Necromancer eyeballs an enemy striking fear into their soul and all enemies in a 500yard radius instantly killing them all

yo blizz, you KNOW that would be perfectly balanced, hire me bro B|

That’s because what you asked will never happen so it’s an asinine post to begin with. People are telling you how to properly accel in the game and you want to argue w imaginary changes you want.

even in Hell I can use my maxed out, fully synergized teeth on swarm type enemies- the flayers/variants in A3, the insect swarms in A2/3, the fallen type mobs in A1, monsters that spawn lots of babies all over the place, those gremlin like things in A5. It works well on monsters that fit its design goal as a frontal cone AoE. Do you use it against uniques / bosses? No, you don’t. But it has a purpose and it fills that purpose well, in all difficulties. And it makes your single target Spirit all the more stronger in the process.

Pure bone is far from the greatest DPS you can get in the game, but it offers incredible crowd control and safety for the necro.

I’d still use spear over teeth in those situations.

unless you can get a lot of t hose monsters in a line (doable with good use of prison) teeth outdamages (in terms of total damage dealt) spear as well.