Buff Lackluster Sets for Patch 2.5

Classic Diablo is limited to Normal tier items, including Sets and Uniques. Arreat Summit has all the Diablo 2 info you’ll need, although it’s so old that it’s not maintained or secure(lacks the “s” in https)

1 Like

I get this is a theory crafting thread, but in my experience:

This set is excellent for farming Nihlathak.

This set easily crushes all of hell on /p3 and even takes out ubers no problem with 1 point on Concentrate.

This set easily gets a paladin, druid and barbarian to hell.

This set easily get a barbarian to hell.

This set easily gets a barbarian and druid through hell.

This set easily gets a barbarian, druid and paladin to hell.

These sets easily get a sorc to hell.

These sets easily get a necro to and through hell.

These sets easily get an Amazon to hell

These sets easily get a paladin, barb and druid to hell.

This set is so good I used it to get a melee sorc through hell on /p8

This set is epic and has a fun little secret pertaining to the barbarian!

This set is epic.

I love this set. I’ve even used it on a ww barbarian farming experience in chaos and throne.

This set is easily used to get through hell.

Fun set combined with BK set.

It’s mainly for mercenary use. Sazabi’s set is now very popular for Act 5 mercs, so the ethereal full set would be even more valuable. An ethereal Hwannin’s Justice would actually be a nice merc weapon or even really good for a Fury Druid or WW Barb. Those are examples for ethereal set items shifting the meta and making some of them viable wihtout the need of tweaking their stats.

I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Berserker’s Arsenal is complete garbage, not even worthy to pick up and sell to Charsi.

1 Like

Yes, I understand that people want it for Merc use. However, still super against sets rolling as eth. Too much rng to collect the darned things, then the chance to roll eth, bricking them from character use for a handful of Merc weapons and a tal helm.

That’s fine, but I have done it several times. Add to it The Gnasher and Sig belt, gloves, boots, a couple of Nagels and Eye of Etlich and it flies with frenzy.

Yeah, if you have all those other good things can you get to Hell, sure.

But you know what? Gnasher, Sig gloves, helm, and boots with Eye of Etlich does just as well without Berserker’s and leaves your 2nd weapon and body armor open for better things.

You’re arguing that if we use other better sets and better items, that then Berserker’s becomes viable. That’s a silly measurement method. You can use those other better items, and then replace Berserker’s set to get even better results.

You’re not proving that the Berserker’s Set is good as is, all you are proving is that Sigon’s is such a great set with good partial set bonuses that you can use it to prop up the underpowered Berserker’s.

I’m not arguing anything, I’m saying it’s been my experience that the set works very well. I don’t use the set other than to level a character using the set. I do it with all the sets once every few years. My Berserker Set mule is character lvl 75 and was leveled that high using the set. I like the set, and I don’t struggle with it, but I respect you do. Again, the set isn’t the problem, it’s the player using it.

Why would a set with a staff need Dex?

In what universe does Berserker’s Hatchet beat out any weapon?

Steel Long Sword >>>> Berserker’s Hatchet

I suppose your idea of “set easily get to hell” is at the pace of a snail. None of the physical sets provide any real Damage and all become obsolete half way through Normal once runewords become available.

Casters rely on +skills to increase damage. Leaf staff >>>> Full Carthan Set for a fire mage.

As for Necromancer or Assassin, you can “easily” get to Hell naked. Makes things exponentially faster with good gear.

4 Likes

I said the set works, I didn’t say it beats out anything, nor did I compare it to anything.

Again, I was not comparing it to anything. And it’s funny that you think a frenzy barb is slow.

Again, I wasn’t comparing it to anything.

I know this.

How exactly does it “work” when you can virtually pick up anything on the ground and do more damage?

Oh so your entire post was pointless?

Seems to be the universal approach for you.

You probably also know that damage for summons increase at a faster rate past level 20… Any +2 skills wand completely decimates Infernal Tools. :rofl:

1 Like

Nice strawman argument.

A Berserker’s Hatchet wielding Fury Barb is Slow. Melee damage scales with weapon damage. Ergo, higher damage weapons are faster than the garbage that is the Berserker’s Hatchet.

2 Likes

You think something doesn’t work because other stuff is on the ground?

No, you getting in a huff over someone who’s played with these sets and made them work is pointless.

I enjoy the challenge of getting as far as I can with low level gear. I have a frenzy barbarian that completed norm on /p8, nightmare on /p8 and hell on /p3 only using blue magic items. I like the challenge.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the sets work.

I get that you suck at the game and need the best gear possible. The game has places for noobs like you.

It wasn’t a straw man, it was hyperbole, because you’re an anal retentive troll who gets his panties in a bunch over someone who’s made gear you don’t like, work.

Grats, it’s called D2 Classic, I play it often at p8, including Hell :rofl:

Oh so now we are jumping right to ad hominem.

When your argument is at “all these sets work well through Hell” and then you come back with “I am not comparing it with anything” when challenged is about all one needs to know about the depth of your intellectual powers.

Good day Sir.

3 Likes

At the end of the day, most would agree the sets listed in the OP could use additional improvements by the developers as they are generally underused by players. It’s a shame as these sets have beautiful artwork, so well deserved buffs are in order.

Something interesting that mostly went unnoticed is that Heaven’s Brethren was indeed buffed in 2.4, see these posts here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/comments/sdc2cr/undocumented_24_ptr_changes/

• Heaven’s Brethren
    • 2 Piece bonus changed from 50% Stamina Regen to 10% Life Steal
    • Added additional 3 Piece bonus: Adds 3-297 Fire Damage (+3 per level)
    • Added additional full set bonus: Damage reduced by 24%

This Change Wasn’t in the 2.4 Patch Notes! - Heaven’s Brethren Set Guide - YouTube

It was never added to the patch notes, must’ve been overlooked.

2 Likes

I’m doing the same thing with D2R. You know, having fun with the game the way I like to have fun.

Still hyperbole.

I’m not arguing, I’m just playing with a troll.

Thanks for sharing, did not know that for Heaven’s Brethren. Those buffs sound very nice, especially the full set bonus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it was never announced anywhere, just something found by people digging in the text files for any hidden changes. :smile:

It was a decent change but what I’d like to see is the -20% requirements on the armor be moved to the shield, because the armor is already a very light base (cuirass, 65 base strength req) compared to the extremely heavy shield (ward, 185 strength req).

If the -20% requirements was moved to the shield it would become 148 strength required which would be much more in line with the rest of the set (the second heaviest set piece is the weapon at 145 strength required).

1 Like

Your ignorance of logical fallacies just that.

You also don’t have a very good understanding of the word hyperbole either :rofl:

1 Like