Bring back WhirlWind!

I have griefZ and ebotdz and whirlwind is still dog turd compared to:

Hammer, light sorc, trapsin, cold sorc, any melee stacking CB.

Like…don’t get me wrong, it’s strong. But melee in general is not on the same level. Never has been.

are u seriously? WW has been this in lod for like 18 years… probably more, i just dont want to spend the time to google the exact patch. play classic or deal with it.

casters are squishy, melee chars are more tanky, but clear slower

except paladin who breaks all the rules, but thats for another time.

WW was pretty competitive with casters for clear speed before 1.10.

3 Likes

Are martial arts Assas a joke to you?

WW barb is amazing if you equip 2x GRIEF phase blade.

Martial Arts Assa can equip godly gear and still cannot compete on any level…!

3 Likes

It’s hard to feel bad for MA assassin when they are one respec away from being one of the best solo classes in the game (trapsin)

it’s hard to feel bad for WW barb when they are one respec away from being the absolute best MFer in the game.

3 Likes

Why? MF isn’t even good in LoD. You want runes for the op runewords, not magic find for the obsolete uniques.

the majority of items used are still not runewords.

Lol… maybe for slots that don’t have runewords.

Tell me, exactly how many unique items are worth more than an ist?

Not bloody many.

by this standard everyone that isn’t javazon or maybe psn necro is basically useless

1 Like

What?
Those 2 are rare members of the “we don’t use runeword weapons” crowd. Pzn necro still uses hoto or spirit until they can get a deathweb.

I’ve been playing this game for nearly 20 years, I remember 1.10 and the horrible nerfs it brought to physical builds. It took characters that had been at the peak of power (phys bowzon, whirlwind barb) and nerfed them so badly that no one plays them anymore.

1.10 will always, always be one of my most hated things that has happened to d2. It has yet to be topped. Though I suppose it could get worse in d2r.

I’m glad someone recognize we exist :grinning:

Hey I don’t even have a Dweb and my Psn Novas hit for 10k, and I give the other 7 players (sorc) lower resist so… love us!

1 Like

The real MVP.

And here I am with my boring old summonancer :sweat_smile:

I can still give lower res to the zons and sorcs though.

1 Like

I got mad lucky and rolled a near perfect Bramble, 20 thorns and 47% psn dmg. And this being the RW with the biggest range (25 to 50).

I’m thrilled, I think I can easily do 15k+ with a dweb and some more skillers.

Shhhh, we were trying to use poison necro as the rare class that doesn’t use runewords :man_shrugging:

I still miss the days before power creep runewords. Like it was a good idea but 1.10 words took it to the point where uniques were not even close to competitive anymore. Silence was a great runeword in 1.09, it edged out grandfather but not by a massive amount.
1.10 comes along with botd that is way better than silence for cheaper cost and… Grief…

Then spirit singlehandedly made every staff in the game obsolete. Even Mang song’s lesson doesn’t compete with spirit sword/shield.

2 Likes

Same, I think most players never played that old D2 and boi was it fun.

Necros with over 100 summons each
WW barbs all over
Bowazons were God class with Buriza
All melees were good

Then the RW nation attacked

3 Likes

they need to buff builds no one are playing, it shouldn’t have taken 20 years to do it.

like martial arts assassin, when you don’t see a single one ever by hell

I don’t really hold any hope though.

Steeldriver is my go to ww leveling weapon. Up it at level 34 to exceptional, carries you to late game easy.

I honestly think the reason the game is so imbalanced rn is because it wasn’t meant to stay like this.

They planned another expansion act 6 for sure, heaven themed act. And probably more.

There’s no way they introduced this new genius system to let it go after 1 act. It was a prelude to more.

1 Like

You can only reshuffle the same deck so often.