Bramble vs Fotitude

The Might Merc for my Summoner Necro currently has Treachery armor. The upgrades I am considering would be Bramble or Fortitude. The on y poison damage I do is from a 15% chance of venom, so the bulk of Bramble damage is from thorns. I can currently summon 12 skeletons, 16 revives, and a golem. Any thoughts whether Bramble would be better than Fortitude? Thanks

Just a thought.

Assuming we all aim for endgame gear. Would Bramble on necro holding Beast. While using Might merc with Infinity, Treachery and Cure Helm. Iron Golem Pride.

Reason for Treachery is to attack faster and proc crushing blow on bosses.

Bramble has a high chance giving low rolls.
Fort you can’t go wrong. Many builds can still use it.

So to answer your question. Between the two I pick Fort.

If I interpret this correctly then, the trade off between Treachery and Fortitude is faster attack speed vs enhanced damage? My main goal right now is to create an Enigma for which I need another Ber, or Jah. I have a Sur, and enough Lo’s to create a second Sur, which I could use to create a second Ber, which could create a Jah.

Fort ed is nice and helps merc survive. I usually look for def 750+. Just my preference.
Treachery can proc fade which helps survive just not as good. Because I usually put it in an exceptional base to help proc faster.

I can’t give any advice as far as cubing up to Ber or Jah. Strange things happen and you might find the necessary rune to make it vs cubing. Then again with enigma you farm a lot quicker and have a better chance getting your runes back. You make the call on that one.

I am no expert on summon necro but I have fortitude and just recently made bramble because I had spare runes. I think the real question is how you farm and where. On players 1 in my opinion, treachery is fine as long as you do long runs. It is bad for instance farming travincal because the runs are so quick that it won’t even proc. For longer runs it procs (assume non elite base) and I think it is fine everywhere. Higher player count, not so much…

While I like fortitude, I think it is a bit overrated, I actually prefer CoH over it because of the huge res, dr and life leach. Regarding bramble, I put it on my wind druid merc (might) with summons and honestly, it is better for my use case. I use it to farm stony tomb, ancient tunnels, sometimes chaos, etc exclusively on P8 and I did notice the thorns help, which is applied to entire group inc summons. I made my fortitude when I had nothing better to make out of those runes and only use it on my mosaic sin and she does hard content on P8 only and TZ. Everywhere else, I mostly use upgraded eth/non eth duriels with an ias jewel + vampgaze with another ias jewel and I still prefer this setup over fortitude.

There’s two ways to go about this as I see it…

Option#1: Act 2 Thorns Merc with Infinity + Treachery(Fade + IAS) + Ral’d Andy’s

or

Option#2: Act 1 Fire with Faith + Flickering Flame + Bramble

The 2nd option is extremely underrated since Act 1 uses Inner Sight to lower enemy Defense. You won’t have the -Resistance from Conviction so Mages will largely be ineffective but you didn’t list any so I assume you don’t bother with them. Anyways, she grants your minions 3 auras in Fanaticism(stronger than Beast too btw), Thorns and Resist Fire aura(which can make your minions IMMUNE to Fire Damage if your Summon Resistance is high enough).

Since you have a minion army, the frail A1 Merc should be well protected while providing solid support. Also with Faith, you’re free to use w/e Weapon you want.

The irony, you need Enigma to farm effectively, but you have to farm inefficiently to get the runes required to construct Enigma.

I don’t think Engima helps to farm runes efficiently in general, the point to make it is mobility, huge MF, +skills and DR. Player count, kill speed and mob density is the one you need for high runes and with all due respect, your build of choice is not suitable to farm high runes efficiently even with Enigma.

I understand that Enigma is a mobility tool, what I hope/expect is that it will allow me to escape bottlenecks like those in between the River of Flame waypoint and the Chaos Sanctuary. Once I get into the Sanctuary I am satisfied with my killing speed, it just takes a lot of time to get there.

1 Like