Bowzon (mostly) Unique Item Effects Mechanics Bug

Hi, As you know;

Pierce+Explosive Arrow / “Fire’s Exploding Arrows or Bolts”
Pierce+Critical Strike+Deadly Strike+Crushing Blow+Freezing Arrow
Pierce+Skill “Freezing Arrow”
Works.
“Fire’s Exploding Arrows or Bolts” +Skill “Multishot”
“Fire’s Exploding Arrows or Bolts” +Skill “Strafe”
“Shoots magic arrows”~ + Skills like Strafe/Multishot don’t stack.
Don’t Work.

I propose fixing this, mainly for the idea that it would marginally improve hell farming on bowzons, and help them keep up as well as shake the meta up and further refine all these mechanics and make them work together which seems to be the intention but certain things didn’t or maybe were I propose planned to be added later but I don’t remember the whole story of d2’s original development nor is that my point here – my point here is that if we allowed explosive shot crossbows to work mechanically with piercing but also strafe or multishot, you would get these waves of exploding multishot arrows where enemies tightly stacked up would die faster, from all the small aoe’s, and so as long as it’s not too laggy with the new updates made to the game i imagine if that was the reason why, it should be safe to bring these outliers into the fold, there are other skill / mechanic combinations for other classes that don’t stack properly, but i can’t remember them off the top of my head.

I suggest making all of these work/stack properly as part of this patch to go with these new higher lvl mob terror zones since bowzons cannot really kill UBERS bosses very easily as well I would like to see some more functionality. Strafe+Magic arrows for example just means ignore’s armor. Magic just does 100% dmg or 75% dmg or 50% dmg or none to magic immunes, but with magic arrows converting base dmg type into pure magic it would then make zons able to do what necromancers and paladins do with multishot and strafe so we can change our damage type to magic.

Luckily, none of the most powerful bows I know of like faith or ohm/whatever’d windforce, etc. would be replaced by any of the unique bows I know with magic arrows or explosive arrows, I would like to see a few more items brought into the game either through runewords or something that would also support this proposed update to the core game mechanics to just make everything stack properly. For example; maybe a bow specific runeword or set bonus, like enabling the firing of magic or explosive arrows and bolts, I think it would be interesting to add a few other types, like poison/chain lightning arrows and such, it would be interesting to see elemental aoe arrows regardless, but I’ll settle for exploding multishot or strafes please make it so

thanks
x

1 Like