Bow's max sockets

Is there any chance that bow’s default maximum sockets could be four? I don’t know why Amazon need a 5-socket bow. I mean, the only 5-socket-all-weapon Rune Words is CTA, but who would use bow for that? If all bows have a default 4 max sockets, things would be a lot easier, at least I can ask Larzuk to make a 4-socket ashwood bow.
PS: you guys know the best spot to farm a 4-socket bow to make Insght? I’ve been trying for a week yet nothing comes out.

The new 5os Mist runeword is half-way decent, got one for my A1 mercs while I wait for Faith.

What level are you? Check out maxroll’s drop calculator; stag bows start dropping in A1 Catacombs in Normal.

I ask my sorceress farm Nightmare Cows and paladin farm Hell Diablo, only to find a 4-socket Ashwood or Ceremonial. No way it can’t drop a 4-socket bow, and my cube didn’t make a suitable one. In fact, I’m running out of PAme…

I started farming A1 and A2 Hell when searching for my unsocketed Matriarchal Bow (for Mist, already have a 4os MB for Faith), then gave up and just farmed my usual L85 areas.

Eventually one will drop.

Hopefully it will drop at last. Before that I won’t play Amazon. I mean, I use Edge in normal A5, and it’s not fun. If only I have a 4-socket Ashwood, things would be much different.
PS: As for the new Mist, I don’t think it’s a good idea. The Cham rune is alright, but it didn’t help much in Nightmare. Seems that Blizzard just want to design a 5-rune-word for Bow. Thing is we already have Faith, and the new rune words didn’t come easy.

I’m running Mist on (3) different builds: a FA/IA Bowazon (with A5 Frenzy merc), a MS/GA Bowazon w/Buriza (A1 Merc w/Mist so we both get 100% Pierce), and a Poison Necro with A1 Merc/Mist (makes my summons way stronger). I have to say that getting +6 skills has made a big difference. I can run every act in P7, excepting only Ubers. My Cham was just collecting dust.

Now that being said, I will switch the FA/IA zon and mercs to Faith once Ohm drops. But I’ll also switch my Buriza to Mist on the Physical Zon…well, one of them will use Mist, anyways.

Mist is probably the 2nd or 3rd or best bow right now for a physical zon behind Faith and maybe better or tied with Windforce. It’s a good cheap alternative to Faith. Cham rune can be traded for a couple of ists since there is low demand for it. Finding a 5Os GM bow with +3 bow skills is the hard part

I wouldn’t make mist in a GMB. You can easily reach 8 fpa with a matriarchal bow.

1 Like

I made Mist in a Mat bow. Very nice RW and as stated cheap(er) option due to low demand of Cham. I’d say it’s top bow for hybrids, and probably third for pure physical builds, though the actual numbers are close enough with WF that it’s probably irrelevant for most players except that 1% that is really going for min-max. It clears hell with no problems.

My hybrid Frozen/strafe can clear anything in hell atm. Bosses are slow, but that’s what my IK barb is for.

I’m glad they made mist. Up to that point, the 5 sockets was simply a bad design choice. Now it has a reason to exist. But to be honest, I would also have been perfectly happy if they had dropped the sockets to 4 and made mist a 4 rune instead.

Is faith still top? sure. But mist is cheaper to build, and easier due to being max sockets, so it’s definitely worth it for 90% of your playtime until the runes and a 4 soc become available for your faith.

Razor bow max is four sockets I use it to make an insight bow. does away with any need for mana as long as she stays alive. I found one yesterday(2/15/24) in Ancients.

Me too.
All on Mercs.
Love the Act1 cold Merc so, Mist for Mercs on; Zealot, Tesladin and Zoo Druid, DooDoo wields a Faith.