Blizzard, when does rate limiting end

“…rate limited to reduce load temporarily on the database, in the interest of keeping the game running. We can assure you this is just mitigation for now–we do not see this as a long-term fix.” - Pezradar October 14th 2021

When does rate limiting go away? When can I smoothly transition gear between my mules or farm Andariel at a reasonable pace? The “mitigation” has been in place near a month now and we’ve heard no plans from Blizzard when it goes away. Is it going to become permanent?

You’ve heard the plan. PTR in the coming weeks (I assume 2-3) to test the DB fix before they give info about first ladder season. Assume end of December/early January for the rate limiting/queues to either go away, or be almost not noticeable. I do remember them saying that they have multiple system pieces they are rewriting to be more efficient.

Probably after they are done fixing and monitoring stuff on PTR.

really hoping with 2.3 but we shall see once we have a ptr wont we.

2.3 is coming out before the PTR, so the rate limiting won’t be going away until late December probably.

oh i didn’t interpret it that way but I* suppose it’s possible i thought they would release the ptr and then test 2.3 and release it in the first half of December

These features will officially be introduced in early December when Patch 2.3 goes live. This update will also be accompanied by many bug fixes and other improvements, which will be detailed upon release of the patch.

In the coming weeks, Diablo II: Resurrected will be launching its first ever Public Test Realm (PTR)

The primary focus of that PTR will be revolved around fixing database issues and stabilizing our online environment. Once we are confident these fixes are in a good place, we’ll share more details on Ladder rank play and even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected.

So patch 2.3 early December, then PTR i would assume mid December, then info on ladder and other changes.

well the notes came out on the 18th next week or the week after would technically be weeks away from that and early december could mean any time before the 15th with blizzard so if the ptr came out next week they would have over a week to test and still patch on the 13/14 or the week of the 9th and test over the weekend.

Idk they said the following stuff would be part of 2.3 and then listed it in the exact same format as all the other features so i just assumed it was part of it.

but yeah it could be interpreted either way i just wish they had used different formatting to separate it but i guess they have not been able to communicate well with the diablo community for years now so why make a blog post easy to understand.

Ehh, I took the reading of it as patch is going live early December, then they will be launching a PTR with the primary focus of testing the DB fix. If they were testing the other features that they previewed earlier, it would have made sense mention the PTR first before listing the features.

Also, it makes sense when you remember Pez Radar’s posting:
As we mentioned in our last update, character saves have been occurring on the global database. Next week, our internal teams will begin testing a significant change by having saves occur more often on the regional end, rather than global, in hopes of alleviating some database stress. Once our internal load testing is complete, we will put up a PTR server with this fix to get some real-world testing before rolling out to the live game.

Lastly, we have some significant updates coming to the game in terms of bug fixes and features, and we are looking forward to going over all of those updates with you soon.

Then also been following Twitter, since pre-launch we had a bunch of info from Twitter and Reddit before hitting the forums:

Big 'ol patches coming down the line here in the coming weeks. More on those soon. - From Pez’s Twitter when he posted the last patch that added the timers.

When enough people stop playing the game ofc.