Blizzard sorc with energy shield?

Hey all, I am getting level 91, and I wanna put 1 hard point in energy shield, having also 1 hard point in telekinesis. I could put another point in frozen orb to get the ice blast synergy… but I think energy shield might help with my survivability.

Am I wrong?

I think you want more than 1 pt in telekinesis no matter what if using ES.

“telekinesis synergy reduces mana lost per point of life by 0.0625 per level”

if you dont want to go all in on energy shield, putting less points in ES itself will just change the ratio i.e. how much dmg redirected to mana. no matter what you choose for this, imo you are still going to want the most effecient ES possible by getting max telekinesis

my question for you would be: you are giving up 1-2 synergies for blizzard by going ES, I wonder how the damage of blizzard does when it has the same # of synergies as frozen orb. I saw a youtube video comparing them in that way but the guy couldnt aim the blizzard to save his life so im still wondering

But if I am not using energy shield, telekenesis wouldn’t help at all… right?

And I maxed out blizzard and all its synergies, I was just having left over points in frozen orb to help out my ice blast. Cold mastery is over the 17 points, its at 21 so its all good.

I believe blizzard is stronger than frozen orb if they have the same # of synergies put in.

Before synergy you need 2 points of maaa to negate 1 pt is damage, and if you have synergy full at 20, the ratio become 1:0.75, and since sorc is a mana intensive build, that would be critical because you could have got hit once, your mama pull goes right to 0 and you are still dead either way.

Energy shield could save your life, but if you are not managing it well it could be your double edge sword.

1 Like

So you recommend I go all out with Energy Shield + Telekinesis or dont do it at all?

1 Like

I would not twll you do it not not do it, i would prefer telling you on how the skill works and the potential issue with it and let you decide yourself because it may not be as good as you imagine it to be.

Ultimately if you aint sure, give it a try, if you end up not liking it, respec your char. It is much easier to do now in d2r compare to old d2 anyways.

2 Likes