Blizzard should give people a reason to play ladder

Incorrect, the new RW will be craftable in Offline and NL when the ladder ends after 4 months.

What ? I played ladder twice on reset and spent years on nonladder.

Playing weak character is pure waste of time to me so I tend to avoid it.
I played PvP on NL for years 10+ years ago so no ladder was not mandatory.

So no there is no incentive needed ladder is for those who like the reset and early progression etc. That is incentive enough.

Iā€™d love to play ladder.

Need character slots to do it tho.

Add character slots

Iā€™ll play ladder

Donā€™t

And I wonā€™t

Do u want me to play ladder, blizz?

I know u donā€™t care.

But u can show me

If u do.

1 Like

Ladder monsters are harder than non-ladder. Exclusive runewords. Leaderboard

Are you positive about that? Did they state that somewhere?

Nahā€¦Ladder was and is not something I am interested in! Why? Because Iā€™d rather farm my gear at a steady pace.
If I want to trade, I want to do so with a relatively stable economy, not one where starting gear is insanely expensive at first and near worthless later on!
Thatā€™s why I love it that Blizz made the decision to add the old ladder only runewords to non-ladder and will do so for all up coming runewords after the ladder is done/resetā€¦especially since they will provide more runewords over time, so something to look forward to :slight_smile: !

Yes its one of the pinned blue post. It was back in December. When they revealed the PTR.

A google search would tell u all you need to know. You are aware you can search this yourself.

I do not require incentive to play ladder. In fact, I refuse to play until ladder comes out.

fresh economy is worth it for me. something special about that new economy and broken prices

Yep. All of the best items are available on nonladder. Thereā€™s no reason to play ladder this season.

1 Like

Ladder is Pointless in this gameā€¦ He who has the most forum gold wins the gameā€¦ When they fix that problem then they can worry about making a ladder and ā€œtweakingā€ characters. As is, it doesnā€™t matter if you play on ladder or non ladder, The only way to compete in this game is to buy forum gold or digital items with real money just to be competitive. Times have changed, bots are gone, and now only the people that profited from the bots and sat on the forum gold are the only people that get to enjoy this game. I can barely log into this thing anymore. This roll out has been a pathetic mess. JUST MAKE IT RAIN ITEMS SO THEY BECOME MONETARILY WORTHLESS AND EVERYONE CAN PLAY THE GAME!!! PLEASE BLIZZARD, PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR REAR END!

strongly disagree. me and my sister were doing ubers just the two of us pretty easily and not that long after launch. granted there is more than ubers but you can do literally everything in this game with 0 fg. what do you even mean by being competitive? race to 99 is a grind no matter how much fg you have, and other than that there isnt really a ā€œcompetitionā€ . You seem more upset that you dont have bots to carry you than you are about fg. I say this all as someone who doesnt use fg and dont even understand why so many like fg since you cant sell fg for $

2 Likes

Meh, the best jsp users are selling the items they find while playing ladder, because they cost and sell for 100x their normal value. They certainly arenā€™t buying them in order to win some arbitrary race.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine how much forum currency I would have had I sold all of my stuff each ladder instead of letting it all expireā€¦I gotta imagine Iā€™d be super ultra wealthy (in D2 terms at least)ā€¦oh well

1 Like

same. i just think the fg business model is amazing. pay us for our currency that cannot be ever turned into money. basically the dave and busters of online gaming

Except that no one is going to make those runewords because theyā€™re all bad.

What players needed was runewords good enough to alter the meta end-game, so players had a real incentive to participate in ladder to obtain new fresh good runewords. Or at least keep the traditional ā€œladder only runewords like Faithā€ on ladder only. When they are all on non-ladder, it wonā€™t be advantageous to play ladder at all but more so a hassle and inconvenience to separate new characters made from NL stash access.

kyrus1357 is right, there isnā€™t enough reason to play ladder beyond attempting to grind your name into the top 10 of your class for the highest level. Thatā€™s about all itā€™ll be, and I"ll tell you not so many people will be interested in that for very long at all.

2 Likes

you clearly dont understand how ladders have worked for the diablo franchise for the last decade plus. There hasnt even been one ladder yet, the first one SHOULDNT be changing meta from what the original game was.

What are you talking about. You obviously are not a competitive person. Im upset about having 10000+ hours in this game and if you add up my characters worth in FG , then im worth about 300 fgā€¦ You got people dumping 30 and 40 thousand fg on items and if you do not use your credit card to buy items or forum gold you are simply never going to be competitive in this game. Hell someone can spend 30 dollars on a third person website and have 3x the character strength and power than i have. This is absolutely pathetic. They get to spend money for game power, They dont even have to play the ladder, they dont have to waste their time with a ladder character, and it allows them to play 1 character the whole entire time, just to gain experience, because they bought all their items with a bank card onlineā€¦ Some of those people are even paying forum gold or cash to have someone else play on their account and level up the character. while the person that cant afford to spend a dime on items, gets stuck with multiple characters, Loss of xp due to having multiple ladder season just to build a character. Thats not competitive at all. The game has lost its shine. How much does enigma cost now ? 300 USD? I seen multiple people using it and the highest rune ive found in since launch is a Gul runeā€¦

And you obviously have no idea how forum gold worksā€¦ If you have forum gold , You can run a online store and sell THE ITEMS FOR MONEYā€¦ WHY? BECAUSE YOU HAVE FORUM GOLD AND IF SOMEONE ORDERS A ITEM THAT YOU HAVE LISTED ON YOUR WEB STORE, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SNAP YOUR FINGERS AND OVER PAY FOR THE ITEM IN FORUM GOLD OVER AT THAT WEB SITE AND GIVE YOUR MONEY PAYING CUSTOMER THE ITEMā€¦

I hope Blizzard will take action.

enigma is not $300 right now lol. and if you only have 300fg worth of items after 10k hours you are terrible at this game. You dont know how to barter or play. I had enough under 100 hours to have a decent enough light sorc with cta and a pally that did ubers. Yeah, pay to play is annoying but d2r can be done very competitively without paying a penny.

I know how forum gold works, that is a lot of effort to convert to real $ and the transaction costs are significant. Iā€™m not saying it isnt happening, of course it is, but not for an hourly rate that is higher than minimum wage

1 Like