Blizzard, please clarify how FHR now works in PvP

The anti stun mechanic is highly inconsistent and doesnt work well with the FHR stat. Its a pain to try to gear around it as we don’t know how it works.

Would that be so hard to actually explain it rather that serving us some random sentence about diminush return (which is by the way a straigh up lie as its nothing like diminush return) ? Its cringe that we cant get real explanation on a video game mechanic in 2022…

12 Likes

+1 i’d like to know too

was wondering too what they meant with it. i don’t think you can datamine that info. or maybe someone can do some testing. like see if they adopted some of the ideas we discussed, check for reset after amount of seconds or so. im playing hardcore, so cant really do that

1 Like

i tested all versions on PTR and it changed again on live version (not in good i think)… at that point im just tired of testing that crap

sure, maybe there is another pvp person here? im neither a pvp guy nor softcore.

Set graphics to legacy.

Set fps cap to 24 (?)

Record.

Beat each other senseless in a systematic testable way.

Extrapolate frame changes and DRs.

That’s how I’d approach it without data mining. However even formulas can behave strangely. I’d want the in game to be verifiable alongside the appropriate formula pulled from the code.

1 Like

Yeah +1
When David brevick and his team made D2 back in 1999 they implemented a lot of cool feature like block animation (actually existed in diablo1), faster block rate, faster hit recovery, faster cast rate… And so on

A lot of différents features that u guys seemed to totally ignore the balance that exist beetween all those.

I bet that diminushing return was added without thinking that less fhr might make u immune more since fhr anim is slower with less fhr. Same goes with fcr, less fcr on Assa might make u able to knockback on every single mb ( no stun ofc u destroyer it ), wont be much more effective but the Idea behind IS wrong.

U destroyed stun and every combo possible in the game and made swirl not working. Sad that u destroy Ur own features that made us PvP for 15years straight

Also swirls was prolly the best feature ever implemented on an hack and slash. All chars but the 2 défensives ones had ( necs and sorc ). Made sense cause the one chasing Can stun and the one chased had a spellkit that allow him to def. Now u made these 2 chars way too op.

Also block anim, even for pvm is stupid, it was not a bug but a balance intended. Lets be honest pvm is fcken ez… Allow ppl to go maxblock, to not have to think about positionning, just teleport in a pack and Smash them with no brain like in diablo3.

I wish some of the devs would take the Time to talk with the person that played their game non stop since 1996 and knows every single bug glitch flaws in the game.

Afterall i understand you want to make pvm life easier but instead you could have just made all these changes only apply to Monsters…

Now id be curious if you could even be able to explain what u did to fhr and diminushing returns…

3 Likes

that fhr changes were implemented for pvp if i recall correctly. still remember that assassin vid where she trapped people with wake of fire or so endlessly and people started complaining of that.

there is no diminush return. The immunity start after the first fhr anime. Diminush return is 100% lie from blizzard. What we want to know is how its work regarding the FHR stat and how long the immunity window is…

1 Like

I find it odd that you know all of this information and have been unable to determine the rest of it.

Interesting.

i had it on PTR but they changed it again on live version, and it seems incredibly inconsistent now. Same test doesnt even always have same result

Maybe they’ll answer. More likely they won’t, and you’ll be left to refine your testing methodologies. While it seems wildly inconsistent, it probably isn’t.

I offered up a baseline testing platform, but that’s all the help I can offer. Good luck.

The tone of the OP is not the best aswell as some others who posted here. But the core concept is correct.
A technical explanation of how the diminishing return mechanism of FHR actually works would be much appreciated for the PvP community since both PvP and TvT (team duels) are essentianly based on break points and technical datas

1 Like

To what end? Most of these so called experts on pvp were strictly against bug fixing not providing different solution.

i mean we are asking for whirl getting fix since 8 months LOL

Did they not fix it in 2.4?

no. They fixed a feature that was bad for gameplay (wwlock).

The first few frame of whirl still doesnt register hit proprely, and its the main problem with it

1 Like

Nobody is against bug fixing, but blizzard changed things which by all means only influence pvp for no reason whatsoever as is was going just fine for 2 decades…

Nobody asking for these changes.

I’m not even touching pvp in this game because I already quit game due to input issues where keystrokes dont register. Now, THAT’s an actual issue that MUST be fixed yet nobody gives a damn about that. No, fhr, that’s an issue (???)

1 Like

That is not true at all. I remember multiple topics filled with so called pvp experts who were acting like raging children when certain bugs were fixed and they demanded to play with bugs again. These people had zero interest to come up with good solutions. And when i tried, they attacked me basicly. So yeah…

If pvp community actualy showed interest and be open to changes they could come up with own suggestions and blizzard could listen. But they were raging instead.

2 Likes

I’m sure you reference to WSG. That should never of been changed as nobody in pvp community asked for that and it has zero influence on pvm. There was no need to change a core mechanic of pvp. No point to debate about that, it should be reverted.

1 Like