Blizzard is running better now thanks to computer upgrades

some people just like to complain. some people want everything to be wrong. some people want the world to stink. this post is for the rest of you…

i was constantly getting kicked out of game for multiple reasons and now the game is fairly stable. to this end i offer the following advice to serious gamers:

1. make sure all your drivers, you video game card in particular,
    are upgraded.
  2. make sure that your computer meets the requirements to run the game. blizz said that minimum ram needed to run the game was 8GB and recommended was 16GB. i was running it with 8 megs and that worked after a fashion but i would often crash when i moved between acts or to a different difficulty level.
  3. as for video cards its hard to know where your card is in the hierarchy of video cards. if i remember correctly “toms hardware” has a listing of this. if your not sure if your card can run the game type “toms hardware video game card hierarchy” into the search engine. in order to find out what video card you have access “device manager” in the start menu of your computer then compare your card to the one blizzard claims to be minimum and the one it recommends. if higher then you are AOK, if minimum it will run with issues and if lower you will have laughably bad performance or no performance at all.
  4. be sure you have a good connection to the internet. you can test "ping by typing enter and then /fps. ping is a measure of how well your internet and blizzards server communicate. good ping is around 60. ok ping is 80-100. if ping goes into the 200-300 range you are headed for crash city.

a lot of people have been complaining about this game crashing and indeed some of it is blizzards fault but before you do be certain you have it cleaned up at your end and are not blaming blizz for issues beyond their control…such as YOUR hard and soft ware.