Blizzard banning every account i create

it all started with “Your Blizzard account may have been compromised. To protect your privacy and security we have reset your password.”

and 1 day later

"Action(s) Taken: Account Closure

Recent activity shows your account may be compromised. We disabled this account to protect your privacy and prevent further damage."

“Your Battle.net Account is banned.
BLZBNTTAS00000006”

i already lost 4(!!) accounts with active blizzard games (d2r/,…) and wow subs.
all legit, no cheats, no bots. last account i even used bnet authenticator!!! fresh password, fresh mail account.

blizzard support does nothing!!! i cannot even buy a single blizzard game in the next years

the funny thing is they ban my wow account and message
“you can still play until your current subscription expires on 25 January”

If they suspect you doing acc sharing then this is what will happen. They need to have one person and one person only linked to an account, it’s legal stuff.

2 Likes

thanks.
but why would i share an account 1 or 2 days old. and to whom?

it’s only my home ip and my home pc using the account, no one else.
i am the only person using it.

they have some weird automatic blacklisting or something like this.

i have plenty of other games and accounts, paypal, mailboxes, and so on. no problems at all.

machine is clean and malware free.

it is only blizzard troubles!!

I don’t know about you, but if a business kept kicking me out of their door without reason and I was 100% sure that I wasn’t to blame, that would tell me that they don’t value my business and I’d move on, never spending another dime with them again. And if I was asked my opinion of Blizzard, I’d tell others of the experience.

If what you’re saying is true, then your experience is basically akin to you going into an old Saloon, paying for a drink, then being thrown out before you get the chance to finish your drink, robbing you not only of the drink, but the money you paid for it. But so far you keep getting back up, going back in, ordering another drink only for the same event to happen… You being robbed blind in broad daylight, in front of others, and legally.

Blizzard can ban your account for any reason, and then not give you the specific reason why… It’s a perfect license to steal.

4 Likes

After the first two bans of any game due to potential compromises, you should have:

• Formatted all your hard drives, completely reinstalled Windows OS.
  • Changed all your passwords.
  • Reset to default settings your modem/router, then change the network password to something entirely new.
  • Make sure you’re not logging into anything sensitive from a public machine. (cyber cafes are rare but still)
  • Get a Bnet authenticator on another dependable device.

You may think - format and reinstall OS for a game is a bit much?

No, it’s the potential for everything else on that machine to be potentially compromised as well that’s the issue. I don’t know about you, but I check my bank balance, file taxes, pay bills, website logs, passwords are typed in routinely. If your machine does none of this, what about other machines on your home network? It’s better to be safe than sorry.

3 Likes

thanks. this is the last step i want to do now!
tell others about my disappointing experience with blizzard support!
and then never buy any blizzard game again, which ends a 20? year old relation to all the blizzard games.

my question:
why does blizzard support not answer and give a reason for the ban?
why do they ban accounts with authenticator and tell me they “protect” me?
why do they charge money for subs which cannot be used?
why won’t they give a chance to regain access? i can send them ID and what not. they dont even care.

you cannot easily attach more than 1 authenticator and of course i dont have more then 1, maximum 2 phone numbers i use in real life.

i play wow and d2r on a single machine. no where else

1 Like

They won’t give an exact reason because the cheaters could use that information to rapidly enhance their cheat software.

Sad, but true.

2 Likes

i am not the only one btw

1 Like

Potential reasons for account suspension and/or bans;

Playing on a public network - Suspicious activity across your network can trigger false flags on the packets on their way to Blizzard’s servers. People have been known to mess with others on open ended networks, especially business connections.

Account sharing - Every Blizzard product that has Battle.net access is subject to rules defining single person ownership of the account used to access Battle.net. The account may not be shared online, to a friend or more outlandishly, a family member on another computer in the same household under the same network. It’s aggressive, but that’s their stance.

Viruses/Trojan Horses/Other software - Viruses can cause malicious behaviors to the processes running on your computer, be it executing code not intended for the software or modifying game files by the way of data corruption or simply malicious intent damage.
Trojan Horses could be allowing someone far away to hack your computer and take control of it without your knowledge - which falls under the single user restriction per account and at the same time they could be intentionally flagging your account to grief you.
There’s plenty of other types of software out there that could have potentially unwanted side effects that affect the running processes on your computer or modify software that is installed. It would be up to you to take great care and be cautious about what you install and or run.

Cheating/Hacking - These are self explanatory and I won’t go over them.

In the end, you may want to look over every possibility here because Blizzard doesn’t ban at random for no reason if you’re playing fairly and legitimately.

Compromised accounts fall under the Trojan Horse bit by the way. The user that compromised it isn’t you, and therefore triggers the servers to suspend your account due to someone other than you using it. If you can prove it was compromised, do so. This is why two factor authentication is so important.

• Formatted all your hard drives, completely reinstalled Windows OS.
  • Changed all your passwords.
  • Reset to default settings your modem/router, then change the network password to something entirely new.

Nonsense. Sure if somehow someone locks me out of my machine in exchange for some bit coins. But for a single game? No. They need to work with him to figure out why this is happening. Has somebody cracked a Blizzard server and his is just one account from many? Is he using a VPN, sometimes on, sometimes off, and this has tripped their detectors? Do they collect the MAC addresses of our computers, and if so, have they noticed multiple MAC addresses logging into the same account, maybe even with different IPs?

In the end, you may want to look over every possibility here because Blizzard doesn’t ban at random for no reason if you’re playing fairly and legitimately.

This has been demonstrably proven not true with multiple cases playing out on this very forum even recently. There might still be some of those threads on the front page. One case played almost live on YouTube. C’mon.

Are you using a VPN, if a certain IP is dossing their servers for example and then you show up using the same VPN, your account is toast

2 Likes

no public network. no vpn. it’s a cable provider, static ip which hasnt changed since 10 years.
no account sharing (once again, accounts like 1 or 3 days old get banned)
no hacks, bots, …
my machine isnt hacked. hardware like 6months old, clean win11pro.

if they found something fishy that happend 12 months or 12 years ago that blacklisted my IP, ok. But even that does not legitimate bans for a 1 day old, paid account.

i played and bought like 10 or more blizzard games in the past 20 years, and it cannot be my fault i split them on some different mail/bnet accounts.

like i said, i dont blame their anti-hack tools, i blame their customer service and how they steal my money.

My suggestion would be to escalate the issue to someone higher in the chain of command. It could be very very cumbersome but worth it if you are successful.

Emphasize that you’re losing an unreasonable amount of accounts and as a result, products and money, and that you wish to know why it is happening so frequently, especially on newborn accounts.

If they refuse, the only other recourse you have is to sue for information and small damages but I don’t think even a small claims court case would be worth your while unless you really want to play their games bad enough to do so.

1 Like

well. i sent like 10 tickets (which is stupid to do when u cannot even login)

like 5 of them not even answered. 4 closed and 1 answered with “we won’t change our decision” or something like this.

It’d be hard to take Blizzard to court, they’d bury any small fry firm in paper for potentially years, or try to force a closed door settlement. All just to keep Blizzard looking good to the public eye.

2 Likes

Und genau deswegen werfe ich diesem ekelhaft korrupten Konzern schon seit langem kein Geld mehr in dessen gierigen Rachen. :-1:

1 Like

Well, except for the money spent on D2:R that is… Gotta have the game to post on these forums. Heheheh :slight_smile:

But it’s not for a single game. It’s okay if you didn’t read OP’s entire post, but the methods I’m providing are things HE can do, if someone is:

There’s nothing he can do, and throwing more money isn’t solving the problem.

Again, that’s not something he can do on his end.

You’ll realize as you get older, things you can solve on your end in a much faster capacity are worth a pound of waiting for some multi-billion dollar company to figure out a potential screwup on their end.

Heres the thing, IF Blizzard kept kicking one out the door, then THERE IS A REASON! A lot of people play and do not realize that they have done wrong. Here is the thing, if you are playing with anything that gives one a competitive edge, or makes the game play a little better or something that attaches to their game to log their runs, then you are violating the EULA and you will get banned. Blizzard has software that detects these algorithms which cannot be mistaken by human play, and it will take a while, but you will get banned. My friend got banned and couldn’t figure out why until I pointed out that he was assigning two actions to one button on his new gaming pad which was sweet, but was obviously the issue. These little things we do that think help us out, are not allowed in the game. Regular Schmuck who is a streamer also got banned on multiple occasions and swore that he was playing legit. He may have been, but he also admitted that he was using a timer and run counter which was overlayed in his game to count his multiple runs. Although this is not cheating, it is a 3rd party software that is attached to the game and this is detected and the user is then banned. A lot of gamers play and violate the EULA without realizing they have done so. I also got banned once playing D3 about 8 years ago for something stupid, learned my lesson, read the terms of the EULA, bought a new game and have really watched my playstyle since. Bottom line is 1-Dont use any third party software (BOTS, round counters, HUD overlays, etc.), 2- Do not account share, 3- Be careful of any gaming controllers or keyboards you use as they are designed to give the gamer an edge which a lot of times involves using macros which will be detected and will get you banned.

I know there is a reason, but from the end users point of view, it can be frustrating if they don’t know what they are doing wrong. Not everyone is super godly tech savvy. Not everyone is cut out to be an Olympic gold medalist either.

But on the other hand, there have been multiple reports of erroneous bans due to false positive detections. So Blizzard isn’t 100% in the clear either.

2 Likes