Blessed Hammer should not be enhanced by Concentration

Why not? As much as I hate hammering, they do require ultra concentration to release a magic hammer and guide the hammer into the cycling around him right?

Don’t forget concentration aura has the ability to reduce chance of interuppted

Otherwise it wouldn’t be glasses hammer it would be throwing hammer where it just go straight in line

Uh no? There is a lot of physical skill who doesnt care about HR. Actually, not weapon based skill never care about it (example, Tornadoes).

You don’t need to make magic immunes more common, just make them immune to hammers too. They can keep there concentration bug, I have amp damage for my immunes and they ain’t got squat.

I agree very much with what you said.

I think the best solution is to simply wipe concentration from hammerdin .

Hammers don’t ignore immunities anymore. That was changed with v1.13

1 Like

Sweet and once blizzard gets done enhancing and buffing the other damage auras to hopefully not be op I can run a hammerdin with say holyfire aura to make up lost damage. Life finds a way and all that.

How about making
Sanctuary = Increase Magic Damage
(for such as Blessed Hammer, Holybolt, Bone Spear & Spirit, Magic Arrow, Berserkers ETC)

Increasing Hammer, Bolt and LoH is the same idea I proposed. Other classes magic skills seems like a bad idea.

why you hate hammerdin? its the only S-tier PVM build for pally thats good.

you do realize the only other pure magic dealing spell caster (bone necro) got a 33% damage buff with 2.4. with those changes and your proposed nerf, bone spear/spirit/teeth will be doing more hard magic damage than hammers and they take no skill to aim. bone necros would replace hammerdins and would make infinity lite sorcs even more GG endgame build, heck even dual element sorcs got a huge buff with the casting delay removal of spells like orb/firewall.

of the S-tier builds in the game, hammerdin has one of the harder skill shots to land with many blindspots, and you have to get close to enemies. more damage is fair trade compared to lightning/bone spear from a distance.

buff the other characters to give more S-tier builds. make melee stronger for cheaper. don’t nerf the few that we have to make ppl build fewer endgame builds.

1 Like

Just put more magic inmunes and all done, not a lot, but some. Thats why Baal’s 2nd wave is a bit hard with hdin. But i think buff the lower user classes/skills it’s better than nerfing the useful ones.

1 Like

Agreed, if u tele when DeSeis appears and he haves a freak combo, u dead. And, yah u can’t farm in pvm using any other pally build. Idk why ppl wants to kill useful builds instead on asking to buff the less used ones.

Its Only build in game who can complete game wearing nothing but shield

this is not correct, more like 12%. hammers still reach double damage

ok nice you have trouble placing hammers, but you get 3life instead of 2 every point in vitality and insane block % and block frame so being close doesnt matter.

But if everything buff same lvl as hammerdin then all characters can complete the game naked. (just shield) :joy:

That being said, endgame hammerdin isnt even good compared to other “s-tiers” it just becomes powerfull too cheap, and too fast.
Maybe no notable nerf’s to endgame hammerdin but it comes full power lvl77 and needs no gear to run all content in game. For example java you need some gear and it scales lvl96 now and upcoming changes it will keep scaling well till 99

dont worry, every other class is dead too.

First statement is false sorta, sorcs can complete the game naked with enough skill and barbs and certain other classes well most of them can complete the game fisting as well. Plenty of people are able to push the envelope, doesn’t make the class broken.

Rest is fine, I tend to shift auras around on my hammerdin anyways depending on the situation anyways and can still kill stuff fine without concentration. All it would do really is give hammerdins a reason to spec into other auras.

There is no real end game for d2, ladder was something thrown in by blizzard after the fact. Grinding gear, specing the best spec, farming runes, trading stuff for better stuff, on and on. These are things players created themselves to give d2 something beyond just beating baal and watching credits.

Well i have a full geared pally and don’t use it, been using zone for cows for like 2 months, currently full geared too, and she’s not dead :smile:. Just make new chars if u bored of “opdin”. Or try to clean the 7 tombs with hammer at p8.

Ps: Also having fun with my sorc and planning to do a trap assa too since i got a 2nd griffons for her.

It depends of what way u enjoy the game, I know most ppl says pvp is the endgame nut i never had fun, since 2004 in pvp. Just getting perfect items makes me enjoy the game.

Don’t forget pvp, what else is there to do than kill each other after you’ve decked out your characters.

Make it work like Bade Fury on assa - being physical requiring AR but getting ED buffs.
Rebalance DMG, change synergy from Holy Bolt to Might or Redemption aura.

Are you sure? I thought demons and undead magic immunes were still hit by hammers.

Yes. Arreat Summit specifically states that blessed hammer “Does not ignore the immunity of monsters that are immune to magic”, and to be absolutely sure, I tested it against some Horadrim Ancients in the Worldsotne Keep. Granted, this was on a LoD save file, but it apparently still holds true in D2R:

Holy Bolt needs Blessed Hammer synergy back:

Hammers were originally half physical damage. Concentration enhanced that damage.