Blessed Hammer should not be enhanced by Concentration

Concentration should not enhance all skills that do not require AR,Except Blessed Hammer

Blessed Hammer privilege is too eye-catching

At least limit Blessed Hammer requires AR

Why is it only effective for Blessed Hammer, but excluding bone and twister/tornado
This is a privilege
Where Is Fairness For the Concentration

It is the desire of many people to kill the game simply and rudely, but they really killed the game. No one will accompany them, so they are forced to leave

16 Likes

Wrong forum section.

2 Likes

He is right though. They should change a non-picked aura to Magic Damage or something because it makes no sense that a Magic skill gets damage from a Physical Damage Aura.

7 Likes

Maybe blessed hammer should do physical damage? Still op though.

If it did Physical damage, it would probably be insanely devastating. It would need attack rating and have more immunes, but it would also benefit from Might and Fanaticism, and also proc curses. Might even use attack speed instead. They would have to like drop the damage by a lot. There aren’t many AoE physical attacks, and the ones that are have a damage penalty already.

D2r won’t have classic builds nerfed.
Same for teleport.

Stop beating the dead horse.

7 Likes

Not suggesting a nerf, just throwing an interesting idea out there, might even be a buff if merc used reapers toll. You don’t have to be suggesting a nerf to think a build is op do you?

The only way to effectively nerf blessed hammer is buffing everything else. It’s like when you start printing money, so the average population doesn’t notice you’re cutting their wages. I hope they start printing a lot of D2 money soon.

1 Like

At present, it is a skill that enjoys physical damage aura, but does not need ammunition. It can penetrate 100% and hit 100% to cause magic damage.

It is an unreasonable privilege

1 Like

But doesn’t that cause inflation where everybody’s money is worth less than the paper it’s printed on?

I don’t really care about how well a build preforms. My largest issue is that while Hammers are clearing at like 500% the intended clear speed, most other builds can’t even equip MF gear and are still being balanced around the 75% clear speed mark.

1 Like

Fun fact: Concentration enhancing BH does so because in some early versions of the game - like 1.03 or 1.04 - due to a bug, that was happening. This was quickly fixed, but due to rampant nostalgia - it was brought back in 1.10.

1 Like

Or just nerf Blessed hammer to the other skills level! No need powercreep to a game that is suppose to be hardcore…

5 Likes

Nah. BH needs to have the same issues as any other skill. It should not pierce immunities of undead and demons and it magic immunes should be more common. That would bring it back into the realm of sensibility.

2 Likes

Yeah, just to point this out: I DO endorse nerfing overpowered skills instead of making everything else better. I just don’t believe the devs will come to the realization that this is necessary. It’s totally irrational to believe that improving the game balance, i.e. making the gamer better than before, will scare off players.

2 Likes

Nerf threads don’t get any traction imo, mostly due to the fact blizzard has to preserve the original flavour, adding new viability to other stuff (and bugfixes)

Imagine being still working on building enigma, infinity, or a 8x skiller hammerdin just to see them throwing everything out in next patch.

We got a clear example from the 2.4 feral druid debacle and the reaction from the players.
They will never change what is already working, regardless of p1 or p7 viability.

So the horse was dead on arrival for me.
Nothing wrong voicing your opinion but expect a even greater reaction if they touch classic staples like teleport and hammers.

1 Like

Blended hammer has never been a classic

It’s just too powerful fast food

This is the “because” response.
Because?
First of all - if anyone puts value on virtual items in a vidya, they have issues. Apart from that - the developer’s job is to make a good, well balanced, enjoyable game. For anyone. The mere existance of hammerdins, as they are currently, is a disruption to the game’s multiplayer, and this to everyone.

Literally - 95% of this game’s content is either skipped or ignored, because the “meta” has morphed into a brainless rush towards the last two dungeons and some elusive items by two particular builds of two particular classes. This is bad design. If this game was well designed ( or, better designed ) then it would not matter which class you choose - every class would have two-three hell viable, smooth sailing builds out there. As it is now:

• melee is dead
  • druids pretty much could be removed
  • amazons exist solely for lightning fury
  • sorcs are blizzard 90% of the time
  • paladins are hammerdins 90% of the time
  • only class that is actually well balanced is the necromancer - not OP, not UP, just right
  • 99% of pre-made items ( sets, uniques, runewords ) can be safely removed, because people rush towards the ‘le-ebin’ runewords.

Even neverending cow-runs of 1.09 were more fun then the current meta.

8 Likes

I think the Devs already realise this now, but are saving these nerfs for a future patch; this current patch is just ground work for these nerfs to come.

1 Like

I never talked about “value”
Dunno where you got that from.

The thing is, the game is NOT new.
It’s a remaster.
Period.

1 Like