Black box textures/animations in some acts

False alarm anyway. After additional stress testing for the last 3-4 hours. I still get artifacting and crashes at Shenk. For instance, I watched the wattage roll as high as 270 (from baseline roughly 140 at 1v) before the thermal throttling set in and the FPS tanked (then kernel fault client crash). That was with me running around like crazy throwing lighting fury during a Shenk storm with burning archers and quill rats all over the place, BC/BO and forts on me and merc, plus auras.

Anyway, it’s way more stable at fixed voltage compared to dynamic power scaling, but not resolved. Looks like there are situations where there are just too many lighting/particle effects for a reasonable-to-good setup.

Maybe we should all go buy $10k gpus.

My issue with artifacting had nothing to do with overload; it’s consistent with certain monster types (A2 and A4, especially). I can run a Necro with a full hoard (20+ summons) against a P8 army of Shenk and his minions with no issues. But show me a Maggot and half the screen disappears.

By the way, I failed to mention that I started experiencing these black squares in the throne room with my new machine, which operates on rtx 3080 ti. I didn’t have crashes like that on gtx 1070… Diablo is the only game that crashes like that, unfortunately.

1 Like

Same with me. I keep hoping that Blizzard/Nvidia will fix this before the 470 driver gets sunsetted.

1 Like

After switching back to a dual-boot with Windows 10, I tried the latest Nvidia drivers with D2R…and all of my graphics issues are gone. I was even able to bump up the settings that I’d lowered on my Linux/Steam install.

I have the same problem and I use windows 10, will blizzard seriously leave the game like this?

1 Like

Same here! Has anyone had any success in getting rid of this?