Biggest D2r Patch ever

We can hope and pray. I want to see the poison nova bug fixed above all else that would make me smile.

4 Likes

If ladder is starting February 14th, it would be foolish to drop patch on ladder start.

Then again these developers don’t exactly have a stellar track record… :rofl:

what i heard they will release patch notes same day - 16 februari? I dont think this so big, its new runewords some buggfixes, maybe something new like - " 1 Boss in terror zones we meet randoms (not new ones, like -“Blood raven with more hp, faster attacks?” or 1-2 more stash tabs.

Gems/runes stackable system needs to be tested in PTR, i dont think we seen that in this patch? but who knows? maybe they have worked with it?

Final patch notes will come this Week, i Think 2.6 go live before the 16.feb, maybe this week aswell like 2.5 (2 weeks before Ladder Starts).
They never said something about class balance

2 Likes

They said the final patch notes will be here this week with S3 starting on Feb 16th which will include patch 2.6. So when S3 starts on the 16th the new patch is going live. It’s in the top pinned post of this forum.

1 Like

I don’t think the patch is going to hit the same day S3 starts.
His wording sounds like the patch will hit sometime close to, but before, Feb. 16.

1 Like

“roll into season fairly quickly” sounds like the 16th or later tbh. If they said rolling before the season then that’s one thing. But since these new runewords are ladder runewords it has to be on the season start date or maybe a day or two into the new ladder at most. But even then that doesn’t make sense as the whole point of S3 is the 2.6 patch.

You’re going to have people who are already mid 70s-80s within 8-12 hours of S3 launching so it makes no sense to have it not start when S3 starts on the 16th as they wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the new runewords.

I’m thinking the patch will deploy shortly before Feb. 16 – yes, with the new runewords – but with the runewords deactivated until start of S3.

It is extremely common across the industry for new content to be included in patch files but not activated until later.

BUT… that’s just a guess on my part with regard to this particular patch.

1 Like

I mean, not to sound pessimistic but I don’t think D4 is going to do anything to potential D2R players at all.

D4 is going to get 100x more advertising than D2R due to its innate mtx design. The games are too different even within their own genre. An analogy would be like your favorite local ice cream shop brings back a flavor that made them famous 20 years ago (D2R) versus a multinational corporate conglomerate releasing a new energy drink (D4). They aren’t going to realistically matter to one another in any significant way.

The most impact that we’ll never be able to personally measure are the resources shifted from polishing D2R into D4’s unending money making upkeep.

1 Like

I hope my guess is wrong, but they don’t seem to think about any PVE, PVP balance patch (FHR rollback 2.3v, normalization of WW-IAS) other than the new runeword balance patch. I know that they will not give any food to us, the fish in the tank that we have already caught.

2 Likes

I think speculation and dreams of some grandiose patch or expecting some spectacular failure are both the wrong approach to this.

I expect patch notes this week, nothing more. I hope they come as late as Tuesday. Earlier wouldn’t upset me.

I think rolling into the new season is simply meaning that, they will end the old and start quickly with the new.

I’m going on a mini vacation so I won’t be starting immediately anyways. Kind of a bummer, but I’ll be in good company with some friends drinking and chilling that weekend. Diablo isn’t going anywhere. Maybe I’ll get some excitement when I return on Sunday.

1 Like

As much as Blizzard have sucked, the graphics remaster has been spot on. The art team did an amazing job maintaining same color pallet and feel.

3 Likes

Can you please share the source of this information or is this speculation?

The biggest patch would be patch 2.4 and removing TZs and sunders to make D2R a Diablo 2 game again. D2 without immunities is a different game :wink:

3 Likes

I still wish they’d bring back the Blood Star attack for the succubi. Instead of shooting something that resembles a red photon torpedo, they shoot the same fireball as a fallen shaman.

2 Likes

balance: speculation
More content: they write it in the ptr Post:
( The new Rune Words are only a portion of the content arriving with Patch 2.6, stay tuned for what else is to come when the Patch officially releases .)

1 Like

Pez Radar made a twitter post that said that the new RW were only “some” of the changes, and mentioned specifically TZ and bug fixes as other items that would be addressed by the patch. He also mentioned 2.4 RW “being addressed” but whether that’s them being craftable in NL or just them confirming they remain L-O is anyones guess at this point. I don’t recall if he even mentioned QoL.

Most of the changes I want to see would require PTR testing to be done well, so I’m not getting my hopes up for anything above bug fixes and RW, some confirmation that S1 RW will or will not be craftable in NL, and perhaps some change to how TZ work. Simple QoL like Cain being moved to his legacy D2LoD current patch online location would be great. I want more but I’m not expecting it this patch.

That and the Bone/Grim/Bone Visage art work IMO looks way cooler in legacy are my really only gripes with the remaster, graphics wise.

I don’t necessarily love the way the character class appearance/aging/selection screen went down, but it doesn’t really effect my game play so I’m not going to rehash/harp on that too much, hah.

1 Like

problem with QoL changes such as rune stacking, currency tab, etc is that it would most likely enable even more dupping exploits. we’ve been there already and I’m not sure if we should go there again. This patch one of exploits was due to stash storage overload with items having too many lines (like runewords, crafted rings, etc). Having 100 items on one stash slot could cause problems and I’m not sure if I’d like to see such change without proper PTR testing

1 Like

Those two subjects should never be in the same sentence. A QOL would not be a QOL if it brought harm to the game.

That is a very pessimistic approach. “We had a bad experience so let’s not bother to try again”. It also sounds like you have little faith in the current D2r Team to be able to manage or fix any future issues. Stay in the present and plan accordingly.