Big List of Quick Suggestions

Apologies for the repost; my last thread got taken down O.O probably because too many people liked it too fast, or because I edited it too much too fast (probably picked up as spam by mistake).

GENERAL

• Items: display ilvl
  • WSG: I’d like it back in lieu of the new stunlock protection, but if it’s gone for good, look at the suggestion under
  • Faster Hit Recovery (stunlock changes): reduce the downtime from 1 second to 0.50 or 0.75 second (reduce the new fhr immunity grace period by a bit)
  • mdr bug: please address this (makes “magic dmg reduced” affect physical damage of an attacker with a low amount of elemental dmg on their attack) (this old bug affects level 30 dueling by a lot) more details here

AMAZON

• Impale: faster attack animation (ty blizz for PTR v2)
  • Fend: faster attack animation
  • Decoy: increase maximum amount (1 → 2, or perhaps a scaling amount every 10 slvl)
  • Valkyrie: increase movement speed (she walks really slowly, a pain without teleport)

ASSASSIN

• Blade Sentinel: increase base duration (4 seconds → 10 seconds)
  • Blade Fury: faster “arming” animation (delay between cast and first blade thrown)
  • Blade Shield: increase range adder (0 → 1)
  • Blade Shield: increase damage attack frequency (1 second → 0.5 second)
  • Wake of inferno: increase number of shots (10 → 15)
  • Wake of Fire: increase synergy damage by a bit more (9% → 11% → 13%)
  • Cloak of Shadows: have it turn the screen black like in D2 legacy
  • All charge-up martials: faster attack animations (7 frames → 5 frames)
  • All traps: have trap debris expire after 30 seconds after they break (they accumulate in duel games and lag the game/server)

BARBARIAN

• Warcry: make it unblockable by shields
  • Whirlwind: restore the first 2 attacks (WW frame 4 and 8 now no longer touch enemies like it used to, tri-WW is heavily nerfed as a result)

DRUID

• Lycanthropy or Werewolf: add base faster run/walk speed (like Blaze)
  • Shockwave: make it unblockable by shields
  • Firestorm: increased travel distance (40 frames → 80 frames)
  • Fissure: increased synergy damage (12% → 15%)
  • Armageddon: remove the Hurricane requirement (ty blizz for PTR v2)
  • Allow the use of Grizzly & Wolves together (ty blizz for PTR v2)

NECROMANCER

• Weaken: increase scaling reduction more (1% → 2%)
  • Poison Dagger: faster attack animation (10 frames → 6 frames)
  • Skeletal Mage: now deal physical dmg, but their damage is converted into 100% fire/cold/light/poison dmg, like Lightning Bolt (it makes them scale with might/conc/fanat)
  • Fire Golem: reduce mana cost (ty blizz for PTR v2)

PALADIN

• Fist of the Heavens: reduce mana cost (25 → 10 or 15)
  • Holy Shock: increase base/synergy damage (same treatment as Holy Fire)
  • Vigor: remove Cleansing requirement (this is for PvP, Prayer gives huge regen and can be abused)
  • Vengeance: faster attack animations (8 frames → 6 frames)

SORCERESS

• Nova: greatly reduce mana cost (ty blizz for PTR v2)
  • Thunderstorm: increase base/synergy dmg (it isn’t good in pvm/pvp)
28 Likes

yes please for the love of all things mele fix that darn mdr bug.
everything else seems legit in the scaling of dmgs very clean and well laid out recommendation list esp with consideration for lld and pvp aspects

3 Likes

Agree with everything there, especially under “General”

I acknowledge that you heard us re: what you have done to FHR and reduced downtime as referenced above, but as per above you have moved too far on the spectrum. please consider the suggestion as above. i.e. reduce the new fhr immunity grace period by a bit, i.e. from 1 second to 0.50 or 0.75 second (this needs testing).

1 Like

For Barbarian - adding this :

1 Like

Wake of inferno needs to cast fire faster, by the time it starts throwing fire the enemy would have already moved on married and had kids.

2 Likes

not gonna rewrite my entire post in previous thread of your again but

to make it short…

there a skill you should not be asking to buff which is already really powerfull(Holy Shock)

Cloak of Shadow: render assassin invisible untill within 10 yards range instead…otherwise full blackscreening will be quite annoying if ppl cant see where they going

banning of prayer is non-sense

agree with the points laid out above, a few of the issues really impact pvp at lower levels which for a lot of people is part of the fun of levelling!

@ blood13666

I think you misunderstand what I mean by Cloak of Shadow black screen. It simply reduces light radius (of you and your opponents), it doesn’t make the sin invisible.

Here is a video: Diablo 2 cloak of shadows pvp test - YouTube

As for the Prayer ban, it’s already a thing, it,s nothing new. It’s been a thing for 15 years in all GM PvP rules. Prayer and the use of Meditation if Prayer is skilled is not allowed in any GM tournament. (Cleansing is allowed only to get rid of curse or poison, but not beyond that).

As for Holy Shock, that’s the first I’m hearing of this. I’ve never seen a viable PvM holy shocker on budget gear. Pretty much all paladins are hdins.

i understood correctly
darken screen and black screen are 2 different things though
darken = difficult to see
blacken = complety impossible to see anything

the video show more a limit of whats visible on screen than entirely blacking it out or even darkening it

also i didn’t say it make the assassin invisible…i was suggesting to make her appear invisible at X distance instead of blackening out the entire screen…but from the video you gave thats not blackening out…just sight limitation

i was around on D2 7-10 years ago and not a single pvp game have i seen ppl mention prayer as bad manner(including low level duelers rooms where people had more manner than high lvl pvp rooms)

in lld rooms i had a sorc back then with 4 flawless skull + 2 Perf manald(heal by 32 total) and not a single person had issue with it
even lld smiters with cleansing perma on(prayer backed up) there had no complain about them ever

but banned in high lvl for the minor healing power ? you joking right ?

however slow effects were banned from duel rooms and for good reason…with cleglaw gloves + holy freeze its possible to perma stuck a player in knockback animation
and just the slow effect itself(holy freeze excluded) were banned because its wreck the attack speed so bad

EDIT: holy shock case its pvp side(pally desynching with charge and slowly killing their opponent without being seen)…also you should see how much dmg lightning mastery boost dream power on a sorc…thats a lot more than pally(except they dont run conviction except with a merc)…pvm is a different story

posting the sorc build with holy shock i made in maxroll so you can see how dumb strong it is d2 maxroll gg/d2planner/sa010624

You probably didn’t partake in competition is why. Public games are mostly free-for-all, people using eth bonesnaps, heavily stacking max resist & absorb, etc.

Anything remotely serious has a GM rule list, and prayer was always banned. It,s out there on the internet for you to verify :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think I can link you, I’m scared of blizzard closing this thread down.

But regardless, you are entitled to your opinion. Sharing opinions is never a bad thing :heart:

Agreed with changes, for Druid also of course need to be able to reach 3 FPA like ar D2R release, not 10 like in PTR

This refers to Shapers. i.e. for Shapers you have made all weapons “viable” at the expense of now making shapers “non-viable”. Shapers are one of the worst PVM builds, but they do not need to be, and they do not need to be the only build nerfed in this latest ptr.

3fpa back when? 1999-2022 never 5get :slight_smile:

agree with these changes

bump for visibility :heart:

SS Druid had access to 3 FPA attack when D2R was released and it was this way for a good 3 months, it was the best, it is tested, and it no way was it OP.

Good list of changes! Support.

Also they should look at the Next Hit Delay from multiple Martial Arts Charges released at once not dealing damage from some charges. IE Second Nova from Claws of thunder released with Dragon Claw at once or Dragon Talon releasing all three charges or Phoenix Strike Lightining not dealing damage because chaos ice bolt was released at the same time with DC or DT.

1 Like

the hit anime immunity you propose doesnt change much from the actual version tbh. Be it one sec or 0.5 s, its largely suffisant to teleport away. Agreed on most of the rest tho

Take my like only for this, which is something me and many others asking for like month

2 Likes