Beta is in August

" The Necromancer and Assassin will be available when the game officially launches on September 23. Players who (preorder the game) will also gain early access to the open beta test taking place in August on supporting platforms."

Straight from the Battle net launcher.

Leak was so real VV/Blizzard said cats outta the bag! Cheers

Amazing, cant wait! :slight_smile:

Yes I was right they might cut this season ladder, and reset to a new Bnet 2.0 D2R ladder.

Seems to early, the amount of bugs people will find on beta to be expected to be fixed in 1 month? Beta should be maybe july instead.

They can fixe with patches later, we are in 2021. :wink:

The test stages are usually something like

  • Alpha
  • CLOSED Beta
  • OPEN Beta (anyone can play but pre-orders get access to it before the general public).

They already had a Closed single player Alpha so next step should be the Closed Beta before the Aug Open Beta.

Yeah they just said in the dev video that there will be an early preorder beta in August and then an open one after apparently. It’s a live though.

I will have to check that out. Normal order is to do the Closed invite Beta, then the early access open beta, then full open beta.

It would be odd for them to go out of order. Possible, just odd.

Yeah sorry he said access to first beta and then there will be an open beta afterward.

I hope I can try out the closed beta. Granted I’ll be solo mostly, but I want to see if the controller setup needs further tweaking (which from the sound of Drothvader’s posts, it does).

CLOSED Beta tomorrow confirmed.
Gotcha!

jk.

Here i found what you were looking for:

two beta phases, one for pre-purchases and the second is completely open to who ever opts in it seems

They Probably already started the closed beta, we just might not know of it’s existence :slight_smile:

Employee only, sure. Not the Closed Beta that they use player opt ins for. I would know about that. They post an announcement when the Closed Beta opens so that lucky players know to check their email or Bnet accounts for access.

It does sound odd then, but they might took a different approach with this remaster, I heard them say they love the kind of feedback they got from the vast community because they could get a lot of input about stuff like the color of the cold status affect and the like that they could completely miss otherwise, what’s also a possibility is that they rather stress test with this beta rather then just hunt for bugs, they are moving to a completely new system it seems with the new battle net, it will be wise to see how it handles it