Best Self found SORC Leveling build

https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/sorceress-leveling

1 Like

Do not respec at lvl 12

1 Like

what other goals are there … hmm… (he has stated he’s a new player to HC for this SORC , squishiest class)

so maybe, staying alive? fun? not every is in a race to finish the game as fast as possible. you ever think about that ? NO you only think about the fastest.

they are also playing SSF, so maybe again, they want to take their time and fine tune a sick build, they might not find tons of essences to make tokens later with, they probably don’t use jsp, so using respecs and buying tokens later isn’t an option. get your head out of your A$$…

FASTEST IS BEST I AM RIGHT HURRR DURRR… fastest is what’s the best. to YOU, diablo is a choose your own adventure game… and the race is over, there’s already 120+ lvl 99s on hardcore. they killed that with this latest patch, no reason to even go fast anymore lol.

but ya, that’s my 2cents on the OPs behalf, because even he himself said, it’s SILLY to respec that early, and silly is just a nice word for stupid.

3 Likes

If you find a guide, post here let us know.
It’s always hard until your first respec with sorc. If you think charged bolt is easier than respeccing into nova go ahead and try it.
Fire bolt/ball is weak even with leaf staff j can tell you for sure. Not hardcore friendly.

It’s fast because it’s strong
it’s strong so you stay alive
being strong doesn’t affect fun in any way
they don’t need the respecs after they go cold and they’ll have hell respec left
yes the speedrunners are stupid sure they just farming shakos while you are still dealing with normal baal.
you can do whatever you want to have fun not put a skill point in teleport up to you
but fastest and strongest is the best period.

I always level with fireball into hydra. hydra is super safe casting at screen edge until it stops puking firebolts.

the big hype is probably cold sorcs with sunder charm. id go blizzard from the ground up. get to 24 using the skills that you have to put points in anyways when going blizzard.

ezpz till act1 hell where they’ll need to fit the sundercharm and cover the resistance penalty.

then you just gotta watch for dolls i guess, everything else should be gucci

i play hardcore, that’s what i’ve done for ages. but you don’t get 1 point over on any lvl 1 skill… diablo 2 isn’t THAT hard, you don’t need to be getting 12 points into CB then respec.

BACK IN MY DAY. there were NO SUCH thing as respecs, so playing like that wasn’t even a thing, and to this day, i still play mostly like that. so… ya…

i play hardcore, that’s my build, it’s not bad.

You don’t make a lot of sense man. Read what you wrote as if you are someone else.

Lol someone watches too much Llama vids…

The best way is fire bolt, ball to beat Normal, get Forb/Mastery, then pump everything into Hydra as your secondary. You will already have 2 of its synergies pumped with bolt/ball/
Forb+hydra is a GG combo to work Hell.

1 Like

This and meteorb is the way to go imo. Not too much of a fan of hydra though a lot of people tend to be these days. But it’s all personal taste. Maybe hydra would be better for HC but I’m not sure.

Ice path to Frozen Orb + Cold Mastery. Spec into Energy Shield/mana to be extra tanky. Damage is good and very safe for hc. Left over points into hydra and a single point in static field for immunes.

Lots of people will suggest Nova for this same reason. Nova can give you good clear and has enough skill points to use Energy Shield for safety.

My guide,its written before 2.5

I think its petfect for what you ask. Detailed walkthrough, its made for harcore and also solo.

Its fire. CB is too unpredictable and nova requires too close of proximity for HC to always be safe.

Enjoy

1 Like

Orb / hydra. No respec.
Orb
Hydra
Alternate masteries.

Fire with TirRal Staff through normal.
Without immunities and high resistances fire is extremely strong, and works still pretty good until Act2-3 in nightmare.

When getting first Spirit Respec into Lightning Nova. Can be done early NM or later depending on the preferred playstyle.

Max out Nova + Static + some points in lightning Mastery.

Meanwhile built cold tree up to frozen Orb + one point into mastery.
Continue maxing Nova + Orb, which should carry you through the campaign and let you far most terror zones.
After campaign farm terror zones for cold sunder, and when you get it use second respec to built into cold.
Maxed out cold lets you play everything. You could stay cold or farm the necessary gear for other builts.

1 Like

You must be joking, fire will start to struggle even on normal, nm is already big problem in chaos and baalrun.

Yea update lol he died several times learning HC

We were in discoord and it was comical. He finally got it down to just doing trist runs until lvl 12 then going NOVA and smashing mana pots. He is lvl 65 now and I am doing runs with him safely.

Nova + long range static is actually really good leveling

1 Like

I’ve always run fireball with ease to get to lvl 30 then I respec to whatever I’m planning to roll. Its very fast and leaf is a cheap runeword for a huge budget boost early on. Ive done all 3 paths many times, in my experience 1-30 is fastest using fire.

3 Likes

He is playing HC, For that is ice blast much better. Not only it one shot almost everything but it will freeze enemies too so they cant do anything. Then you can just progress into blizzard or go Frozen orb. Fire will struggle gretly in certain places like baalruns or chaos.

2 Likes