Best Self found SORC Leveling build

Trying to find a build for buddy to level sorc in HC. They just finished SC and want to join me in HC playing self found.

The current Maxroll build says Nova but I don’t think thats very good as starter build.

What are people starting ladder going when they level sorc?

Charged bolt or fireball?

What do you guys think? I am a Trapper and Pala xpert. I don’t mess with sorcy much.

2 Likes

charged bolt then respec to nova at 12
after 40 blizzard

1 Like

That seems kind of silly respecing at lvl 12 for new players.

5 Likes

well that’s the best way to do it
you can do fire bolt if you want and suck

I’ve always ran fire until level 26, then start working towards frozen orb. Nightmare is a cake walk, and dual elements helps you break through immunities throughout hell. Plus you save your respecs, which after you get a Cold Rapture sunder charm, respec to pure Blizzard.

1 Like

that is totally not the best way to it, you can get to lvl 12 without even spending skill points. lol.

you can
very slow but you can
it’s the best fastest and what speedrunners do

Jimmy is right. Go watch a pro.

fastest =/= best. maybe you missed the memo on that one, they didn’t ask “hey what’s going to be the fastest”

personally i go with fire / cold hybrid, i don’t need any respecs ever.

3 Likes

fastest= best
what other goal is there??
you want to stay in normal for 5 hours?

1 Like

ah yes, now i remember why i stopped posting here…

6 Likes

https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/sorceress-leveling

1 Like

Do not respec at lvl 12

1 Like

what other goals are there … hmm… (he has stated he’s a new player to HC for this SORC , squishiest class)

so maybe, staying alive? fun? not every is in a race to finish the game as fast as possible. you ever think about that ? NO you only think about the fastest.

they are also playing SSF, so maybe again, they want to take their time and fine tune a sick build, they might not find tons of essences to make tokens later with, they probably don’t use jsp, so using respecs and buying tokens later isn’t an option. get your head out of your A$$…

FASTEST IS BEST I AM RIGHT HURRR DURRR… fastest is what’s the best. to YOU, diablo is a choose your own adventure game… and the race is over, there’s already 120+ lvl 99s on hardcore. they killed that with this latest patch, no reason to even go fast anymore lol.

but ya, that’s my 2cents on the OPs behalf, because even he himself said, it’s SILLY to respec that early, and silly is just a nice word for stupid.

3 Likes

If you find a guide, post here let us know.
It’s always hard until your first respec with sorc. If you think charged bolt is easier than respeccing into nova go ahead and try it.
Fire bolt/ball is weak even with leaf staff j can tell you for sure. Not hardcore friendly.

It’s fast because it’s strong
it’s strong so you stay alive
being strong doesn’t affect fun in any way
they don’t need the respecs after they go cold and they’ll have hell respec left
yes the speedrunners are stupid sure they just farming shakos while you are still dealing with normal baal.
you can do whatever you want to have fun not put a skill point in teleport up to you
but fastest and strongest is the best period.

I always level with fireball into hydra. hydra is super safe casting at screen edge until it stops puking firebolts.

the big hype is probably cold sorcs with sunder charm. id go blizzard from the ground up. get to 24 using the skills that you have to put points in anyways when going blizzard.

ezpz till act1 hell where they’ll need to fit the sundercharm and cover the resistance penalty.

then you just gotta watch for dolls i guess, everything else should be gucci

i play hardcore, that’s what i’ve done for ages. but you don’t get 1 point over on any lvl 1 skill… diablo 2 isn’t THAT hard, you don’t need to be getting 12 points into CB then respec.

BACK IN MY DAY. there were NO SUCH thing as respecs, so playing like that wasn’t even a thing, and to this day, i still play mostly like that. so… ya…

i play hardcore, that’s my build, it’s not bad.

You don’t make a lot of sense man. Read what you wrote as if you are someone else.