Best places to get high runes?

The highest rune I’ve ever seen drop is a Gul, and that was from Hellforge. I’ve seen Ists drop elsewhere. The highest rune I’ve ever gotten is a Vex, and I got that through farming Keys. I’m just wondering, how do people get high runes? I’ve heard that Arcane Sanctuary is good (for the ghosts and superchests). I’ve also heard about the superchests in Kurast. Where are some other places to get high runes? Cows is good too right? I’ve also been doing some Chaos Sanctuary. I’d like to get some really good items but so far I’ve never gotten a rune over a Vex.

Thank you.

Hell Arcane sanc with 8 players.

3 Likes

up to vex: countess
For ohm-zod: trav with a horker

up to vex: countess
for ohm-jah: LK
for cham: trav with a horker
For zod: cows

I’ve always been a fan of trav runs. fast and I tend to get decent luck.

1 Like

Almost all of my highest rune drops I had were all at the Travincal Council and all with a Horker.
Must say I make a Goldsinger almost every ladder so that does help with the odds ofcourse, but best I ever found outside of Travincal Horking was a Vex at pindle before his drops were nerfed long ago (and Cham at Arcane).
Found Jah and multiple Ohm/Lo/Sur at travincal.
Cham in Arcane Sanctuary (kill the ghost when they are above solid ground, they have a higher chance), but was the only High Rune I ever found there.

Good places Arcane Sanctuary, Cows, Chaos Sanctuary and my favorite is Travincal.

Never found a Ber or Zod.

1 Like

Thank you guys, for all the advice.

Act 4 seems to be good. Halls of anguish/pain are amazing, found many jah and ber solo ladder from here.

it really depends what your build is and where u can farm, in players 8 i would say frozen river, is great as its full of wraiths and the succubi and a bunch of other monsters that have a good chance to drop hr’s

arcane also has a bunch of wraith and but its harder to make sure they are above ground, if they aren’t they wont drop look… but of your build allows you to guarentee that everyting you kill with be above solid groud that is also a good place

trav is another good place… especially for item find barbs
and worldstone keep is also good

the main issues with frozen river it is can span souls and vipers and not every build can deal with those

and keep can span pretty much anything including souls, the frenzy death lords and dolls.

ironically durance of hate is also a good space but that guaranteed dolls
soo i dont recommend that place

obvoiusly these also work solo farm as well
but i would say 1 thing… if u are in another person game doing players 8.

dont be a jerk, if they need a waypoint or help with a boss… then help them.
dont kill act bosses or prevent quests they might need.

you help people out they will be more than happy to let you solo farm as long as they are still capable of killing monsters.

but this late into the ladder that shouldn’t be a problem

1 Like

You can negate dolls with sol runes

Hell dolls? And jus how many Sol runes does that take? Id hope less than a 4soc shield on swap…

Travincal. I’ve personal pulled multiple bers and jahs on players 1.

Jah doesnt drop in LK

offline : hero editor

2 Likes

just farm TZ area / lv85 area that have high desity, and quick kill. ghost type are priority

Cube it

Lol

9 chars required

Countess can drop up to LO but you will never see this drop from her, and i never saw anyone get even a vex from her. Anything up from Ist is very unlikely to happen

1 Like

Again

Cube it

All you need is 4 ists

1 Like

Thats totally different with runes being droped tho.
But yeah i agree. By cubbing is the way to go

1 Like

Its All rng , my first and only Jah dropped leveling a 73 sorc in act 3 right out the gate
Right before that I was horking trav for days with nothing and got annoyed so i switched to that sorc from my barb.

Ist from countess. But don’t sleep on the level 5 poppables and racks on the way down…or is it up…

My last game late last night decided to clear pits hoping for a 4os oath base. Got a vex.