Best ladder build 2.4

what would the absolute best build be atm? currently running blizz, im fully geared looking to do more then just boss after boss have a infinity for my merc. would pure light or going hydra/orb be best?

“the best” is really a hard question to answer. full blizz is going to be your highest damage with the lowest investment in gear. if you’ve got infinity on your merc that’s most immunes dealt with.

i personally don’t like lightning all that much, but since you have infinity, it’s going to be the absolute highest raw damage build, especially if you manage to put together the right gear such as an eschuta’s temper with a lightning facet. that’s actually one case where i’d ditch spirit monarch and use viscerataunt shield and socket it with larzuk to add another facet, and get crown of ages with two lightning facets. another option would be an obsession staff runeword in a staff with + to the appropriate lightning skills.

orb/hydra is a lot of fun though, and i can kill anything

You lost all credibility with your post when you said ‘eschuta’s temper’ lol

1 Like

eschuta’s isn’t bad. it’s cheaper than a lot of the other options, and even if the damage increase just gets added to lightning mastery, it’s still a damage boost.

It’s pretty bad in comparison imho. A 20% lightning eschuta’s usually sells for Lo+. I have 600%+ lightning skill without it. That 20% isnt really going to do much. But we all have our own opinions. I still think Oculus is BIS for wizard and what I use… MAK is pretty nice…
but people think I’m crazy so to each their own.

no way… who pays that much for it? you could make a dozen crescent moons for that…

Its a pretty hard item to roll perfect stats due to the variations to 1-3 skills + 10-20% in 3 different elemental skills + energy roll. Hard to find any recent trades since forums have died down. Here is one back in March.

Traderie has quite a few that sold for Lo or more.

1 Like