Best "budget" build for key farming at launch?

so when they finally decide to do ladder, i want to focus my sorc on being a key farmer

it needs to be able to farm all 3 key location.

so countess is the easiest of the 3.

arcane seems to have a lot of lightning/fire damage, and nihl have vipers and corpse explosion.

which build can safely run these areas? without using any HR gear or harder to find elite gear. trying to keep it fairly budget

Here’s my take - pick one that can kill cold immunes (Firewall + Orb is my preferred build) and invest ASAP in a Nature’s Peace ring. The merc can kill Countess if she’s Fire/Cold immune, the Summoner is never an issue, and Nihlathak will be a complete joke as long as you have NP ring.

fire wall vs nihl?

that seems bad…

his minions would just run past it towards you. and he can tele.
orb cant kill his minions since they are cold immune

I just use blizzard. Nih is the fastest of the 3 runs.

If he’s cold immune just leave. If his not cold immune then you one shot him. If he drops nothing good then leave. If he drops a key let your merc kill enough monsters until you can grab the key. Under 1 minute per run

1 Like

I do Ninl on my FO+Firewall sorc every day.

I just kill all the minions from a safe distance and then i teleport past the corpses in the corner and kill him, works every time, but takes a moment to clear his minions.

Conversely, you can just let your merc tank his weaklings and drop a Fire Wall directly on him. If he’s Fire Immune, you have to tread a little more lightly.

Necro’ing cuz I have the same Q

For an Orb/FBall/Hydra how viable is it to just telly past the minions and orb him. His minions shouldn’t die as they are cold immune and thus no bodies to worry that he is going to CE you. Would it be better to just cast a bunch of hydra’s in there until everything stops moving?

I’m hoping to use a sorc as the key farmer next season so I’m wanting to know how viable that is. I usually use a Necy or Sin to farm Nith. They just CE everything and no issues farming Nith.

1 Like

Nova sorc with natures peace ring. You can get monstrously rich early ladder farming keys and trading sets to other players and nova sorc destroys key bosses.

Usually, in early ladder I may build a sorc to mf to find gear for trade & for future characters. Is an easy way to get a great start.

I tend to lean heavily towards a Frozen Orb/Fireball build. I use an act 2 merc. I prefer freezy merc with obedience.

I have no probs running NM bosses with this set up.

The merc set up tends to work well if running countess a lot.

I typically run:
Countess
Andy
Trav
Mephy
D
Shenk
Baal

… I get a lot of good decent drops from them. And sometimes get lucky as well.

I find with a good fcr, Fo/FB can be moderately spammed to do the job pretty well. It is a point expenditure, but, she has one purpose … find me stuff.

Magefists & 3 fire gc’s
4 cold gc’s

• with these 2 you get +4 cold & +4 fire skills … always put 1 point into Warmth

some mf stuff
and some skill enhancement

she’s not meant for Hell nor endgame, she merely finds me stuff early on for use and/or trade.

I find her to be versatile and quite effective.

You end up using all 3 skill trees, but, you’ll find sometimes that gives you more options than most single tree builds