Berserker axe or colossus blade?

I was thinking about getting a WW barb going and was wondering why I see so many CB users but not any Berserker axes. I don’t want to use phase blades and like the idea of a death or ebotd to go with a grief. The axe has slightly higher damage, lower requirements and the same range I think? Please help me if I’m missing something I can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks!

Grief is best made in a 15/3 PB for PvM due to speed and indestructibility. Grief in a BA needs repair frequently, and if it’s superior it commands a hefty repair cost. And so BoTD and Death are best made in eth 15/3 CB to compliment the Grief PB.

Ebotd zerk is more than capable in pvm, it’s also what I use, 2 of them for pvm.

Grief pb has higher min damage and lower ias requirements with the new changes to the frame data with ww. It’s much easier to use in that regard.

Similar damage, same range on both. Requirements are higher for cb tho.

Go with what you like. Weapon design wise.

Barbarian should be able to use berserker axe, colossus sword, or any other weapon class, freely, uninhibited by restrictive and ironic weapons masteries.

1 Like

With hustle and the bos 9 buff ettin axes become a viable option for oath or death so if they dont nerf hustle there are plenty of options for weapons now including dual death colossus swords if you want (though now its just a flavor choice as eth death ettin axes will be better in general).

Botd should be made in zerkers. Its the best base and easy to find 6 soc eth ones. Eth deaths are still the best but its insanely hard to find 5os eth zerkers.

2h will always suck being that they are capped at 5 frames.

Dual griefs will be the best for chaos sanctuary as bos lvl 9 completely negates decrepify which did actually reduce griefpbs to 5 frames.

1 Like

I’m using an eBB Oath 2H on a WW Trav Barb just for flavor points, but thinking of transitioning to eBotD CB + eDeath CS if I can get the bases and a Zod, just to keep the swords.

I do want to do a version with axes at some point too though haha. Always loved the Berserker Axe from legacy since the speed and average damage is so good, but legacy the graphic on your character looked the same as a starting weapon Hand Axe, IIRC D2R has improved this making it look more like a Cleaver which I always thought was cool looking at character level.

I did save an eth Small Crescent for a potential Oath at some point (slightly worse than Ettin, but I actually have one so :slight_smile: )