Base for mosaic?

Greater claws, or a Suwayyah?

Talons.

suwayyah u dont want to attack faster 4 frames on dragon talon else every other attack wont deal damage because of next hit delay

because you are forced to have 2x 20 ias claws with mosaic

u cant have more than 26 ias from the rest of your gear combined or you will hit 3 frame talon

greatly reducing your damage

slower bases are better until they fix the next hit delay ( assuming they ever would)

1 Like

Ok i stand corrected… its NOT suwayyah

because APPARENTLY claws of thunder charges 2 and 3 and phoenix strike charges 2 and 3 all share the SAME next hit delay…

so even at 4 frames one of them will not apply each attack.

so just go for fastest ias

i absolutely never occurred to me that would have COT and nix strike… 2 skills they made synergies… which your both supposed to max… and use at the same time. unable to both deal damage to the same target with a single kick like dragon flight.

Keep in my CoT converts physical damage to fire (3x level of skill). If you’re using Cobra strike (I am) you do not want full conversion or you won’t leach. I prefer to just 1 pt CoT and max out the light and cold abilities for PS. You still get a pretty decent bump with 1 hard pt in CoT with plus skills if you want to add it to your charges but it won’t fully convert your damage allowing you to leach. And you don’t have to worry about NHD if you choose not to use it, basically allowing you to use really any 3 socket claw base (ideally with +skills that are useful if you can find them – finally found a +3 BoI one in cows).

The beauty of using Cobra Strike for leach means you have more flexible gear choices without having to worry about life/mana leach (you get it all back with 3 charges cobra strike – bit squishy gaining the charges but if you’re careful it’s not an issue).

how much difference does it make between the greater claws and the runic talons with and w/o +PS?

greater talons are -30 ias and greater claws are -20

So talons are basically the best.

Thanks, I think that’s what Maxroll experts are saying. But I saw somewhere where they said to use runic talons and max block to 75%. So I’m a little confused (in the meantime, farming gear w/ my sorc).

You do not need max block (claw block if that’s what you’re referring to since you can’t Mosaic without dual claws). It’s definitely a 1 pt wonder skill, and just use +skill items. I dumped my extra points into fade for the %phys reduction the skill grants and that with some on my gear I have near 50% physical reduction at this point and that makes me real tanky for physical damage (and the fade helps a ton in resists as you have a hard time making up the difference with sunders).

Yes greater talons are the ideal base if you have to worry about NHD, but really it’s not that big of a deal. Use whatever decent base you can find. The rune word is pretty cheap to make (I’ve made 4 so far, 2 starters and now 2 decent ones for my Mosaic-sin). Having 2 Mosaics in any base you can get is better than holding out for the perfect base so you can run the build sooner rather than have to light trap until you get both (which is what I had to do).

3 frame kicks are ideal, if you get even more attack speed from other sources then it’s even better since it will keep you locked for less time on last kick

Do not use Claws of thunder ever, it’s strictly worse than Phoenix strike and it will block PS’s damage due to next hit delay.

Always use PS with chain lightning charge unless you’re fighting mostly lightning immune enemies. Even if it has 4 frame next hit delay, chain lightning’s path is random, so it suffers much less from ND issues. On the contrary, the faster you spawn those chain lightnings, the faster you clear the entire screen.

To answer your question, greater/runic talons are the best.

How much IaS do you need for the kick frames, assuming feral talons + greater talons ( I plan to replace the ferals for a greater talon later.)

You mean feral claws, right? There’s no feral talons.

You need less than 10% ias for 3 frame kicks with a feral claws equipped.