Barb is now dead - RIP

The barbs already did no damage at all. None.
At least they already had zerk skill versus immunes. But now, they even take a HUGE pile of physical damage in addition if they wear this new charm.

For a melee class, that is HUGE. As if the ranged classes would care so much about some -res lol.

Rest in piece. Not only was the barb not buffed in 2.5, it was actually weakened now immensely. Bye bye barbarian.

22 Likes

they already amputee him in 2,4,3 just pure incompetence because the lack of knowlege on the game

14 Likes

Agreed melee got absolutely shafted with this. The gap between caster and melee just grew to monumental proportions.

14 Likes

I don’t get your reasoning…now my ww barb’s merc can wear Pride instead of eth Reaper.
25% extra phys dmg taken is peanuts…compared with the huge damage boost from Pride.

1 Like

a) you need Pride first
b) physical immunes were NEVER an issue for the WW barb. Reaper was never required for it.
c) Reaper also reduces physical resistance which equals damage buff

1 Like

I have it…my bowazon’s merc is using it.

Valid in p1…but in p5+ games decrepify it really makes the difference…
The barb already starts to struggle in p7 games even with a full stash of maxdmg/ar charms.

You do know the +25% damage is a buff right not a nerf?

No…it’s the trade off for using these charms.
You reduce enemy resistance to the particular element but at the price of your own resistance to that element going down.

1 Like

You should go test it in game.

1 Like

First of all, this is what I am preparing to do…
Second, bellow you will find a quote from the patch notes:

There is one tradeoff the comes with the new Unique Grand Charms—while they reduce a monster’s resistance, they also reduce your resistance to the same element, allowing you to receive more damage of that type.

RECEIVE…not deal…

1 Like

I thought from what i read it only affects monsters right ? so u would not wear it during a Pvp

Indeed. They will only work in PvE.

Reaper = more damage for your barb than pride.
You gain 0 damage with that charm against non phys immune mobs but you take 25% more damage. It’s a lose/lose situation.

3 Likes

I think you are actually right…Mea Culpa. :vulcan_salute:
My reasoning was that it will lower the resistances of all monsters, not only immunes.
In this case decrepify is still a must to compensate the extra damage you receive.
So basically now decrepify will half the already lowered phys resistance from the charm.
We shall test it ingame.

so his worry about BvC is invalid correct ?

assassin have a lot of dr to trade with Fade ,sadly barb already lack of everything rating ias dr ect,

totaly. Just dont wear those charm in pvp

I’m confused - if you think the charm is so bad and a nerf, don’t wear it? You’re not forced to wear it.

Yes the balance may be off and we may need buffs to it but that’s a separate discussion.

They won’t work in pvp.
Below quote from patch notes.

“Sunder is applied before other resistance reducing modifiers and only affects non-players .”

Ofc, but the minus x resistance on yourself will apply in pvp for sure.

Now that i think about it, it will make life easier for PKers XD. Inb4 massive cries

1 Like