What skills from each class do YOU personally think need buffs? and how would you buff them?
IMO, at least for the classes I play most:
Amazon:
Jab - more dmg
Impale - uninterruptible
Fend - fix bug
Poison Jav / Plague Jave - more dmg
Ice Arrow - more ST dmg and Freeze duration
Explosive arrow - small knockback
Immolation arrow - more dmg to the pyre
Guided arrow - return pierce, costs no arrows
Slow Missile / Inner sight - wider radius
Sorc:
Inferno - bug fixed, deal 10 times as much dmg (this skill is literal garbage)
Blaze / Thunderstorm - last a lot longer, do slightly more dmg
Hydra - no CD
Nova - add knockback
Frost Nova - add freeze
Druid:
Summon all pets at once, all wolves, bears, vines and spirits. All pets have more HP.
Poison vine - scale with 10 times more dmg and HP (this skill starts godly int he Den of Evil, but it worthless garbage by player lvl 10)
Mana vine - restore mana %, like the HP vine.
Spirit of Barbs - much higher thorns dmg.
Firestorm - lower enemy fire resists on hit (to weave it between other fire attacks)
Arctic blast - (same as Inferno) fix bug and multiply dmg by 10.
Armageddon - last a lot longer
Rabbies - Wider spread area
Werewolf - more dmg and speed
Werebear - more dmg and HP
1 Like
I want Melee classes that can compete with caster classes.
I also want melee amazon and crossbows to be viable
5 Likes
anything in particular? Imagine you are a dev and you can do whatever you want with the game.
What exact changes would you make?
I wanna reach a middle ground, so buffing melee/physical builds while bringing down casters a bit.
Melee Buffs
Greatly increase AR and DEF gain per point in dexterity
Greatly increase Dmg per point in strength
Make some new rune words and/or unique items that either add some form of splash damage or grant high change to cast AoE / CC spells on hit.
Caster Nerfs
Enemy elemental resistance increased across the board.
Make elemental immunities appear much sooner. Like Normal Act 3 we start seeing regular enemies with immunities
Increase the mana cost of popular caster build spells.
Caster compensation
Increase mana gain per point in energy. Make casters spend points on it if they wanna spam.
1 Like
I like your general idea of essentially making non-Vitality stats more important. That way we stop just putting everything into vit.
1 Like
Your scaring the rmters aka purist changes = bad and hurt the pocket book but agree melee need some buffs
1 Like
I like Meele Buff. I dislike Caster Nerf there are plenty double immunities and very diverse in one map.
Energy - more Mana Gain isn’t impressive buff. How about +0,25% ele resistance per point start at 25.
Strength - add 0,25% Attack Speed per point start at 25.
5 Likes
Nothing. Thx. Not a new game get over it. 
When I see those recommendations I can already tell you have not played diablo II a lot.
Werewolf more dmg and speed? Have you ever played a fully geared werewolf? They deal immense dmg and are fast af. Sure they miss quite a few times, but dmg wise they are fine.
Werebear more life? fully buffed they already get 4-5k life.
Frost Nova Freeze? So enemies couldnt to anything? Dont agree.
There are already Nova builds which are kind of strong on 200fcr. Adding knockback would ruin the whole playstyle because you would only be able to hit 1 time and then enemies are too far away.
I can understand why people want changes, but please for the love of god try to think in a bigger picture or wait for diablo 4.
3 Likes
Only sorc: cause didn’t have enough drive to play more than one char
Fire:
Meteor: Instant falling
Hydra: Fireball attacks (aoe)
Blaze: Would like to use it instead of fire wall, but damage really lacks
Lightning: Boost dmg overall for all skills, up minimum damage from 1 to something like 60-80% of max damage
Cold:
Frozen orb: more damage from sinergies
1 Like
Fully geared lightning sorc with infinity can rush a 8 player party on her own easily. Can do chaos sanctuary, nilahtak etc.
If you make suggestions please always consider the current max potential of a class and do not demand being able to kill everything in a 8 player party with bs gear.
1 Like
Unless drop rates are massively buffed, balance should not be considered around BiS gear.
Even with semi good gear you can kill everything on P1 with lightning sorc easily, except for lighting immunes. I dont see your problem.
2 Likes
Look, first of all this thread is not for discussing others suggestions, you simply post it or don’t post if you don’t have anything to say.
Also, I don’t really care if someone who bought gear for 1k bucks kills /players 32 easily that’s his problem. I don’t have gear and not going to do thousands of runs for just a hope to get something not super bad. With just blue and yellow items + couple of easy runewords I don’t see lightning numbers very appealing, I would change them for a simple fireball any day.
1 Like
I’m a fan of buffing up melee builds some to be closer to casters, but I don’t see a need to nerf the casters in order to bring things into greater parity. I think it needs to be done in a way that still keeps the distinctive melee playstyle, so not sure how some of the AoE bonus damage mods would really play out.
Definitely fix NHAM bugs that are crippling some of the melee builds currently.
If Fend, Fury, Zeal, DS, and Frenzy are all working properly then Zon, Druid, Pally, and Barb all have at least one skill that already hits multiple enemies in some capacity. I don’t know enough about martial arts assassin as I haven’t played one in years but it seems like they need a buff.
I main Barbs and it does seem like the mastery and eth bugs were letting them stay competitive in 1.09, but in 1.10 they were fixed, and WW got some nerf doses, so I wonder if they took WW barb too far down. I know with GG gear they can still rock though, but if it requires super rare BiS gear then maybe balancing around that gear doesn’t make sense.
My main gripe with melee characters is they are so weapon dependent that it’s to the point that it’s common advice to roll a caster first just to gear them. I understand that different classes will have advantages in some roles, but it would be nice if melee characters had a bit of an easier time going self found. Initially I was thinking that could be done mostly with damage/ar buffs to existing skills and leaving mechanics mostly alone, but another poster mentioned changing how dex and str work, which is a neat idea to make stat choice more meaningful than “enough to use gear, rest to vit” which is the norm currently.
Forums are for discussion. This thread is to discuss potential balance changes. As long as people are constructive and discuss the ideas, don’t resort to insults, etc., it seems beneficial to discuss the changes, especially if the Devs end up seeing the thread, it would be good for some of the less big picture ideas to be discussed so they aren’t misrepresenting what people want.
2 Likes
I’m a veteran.
The idea behind those changes are to enhance what each thing already does well. It’s to give them a better niche. Yes, Werewolf is fast… it’s a slog compared to teleport spam. Werebear has high HP… that’s nothing compared to Battle Orders. etc.
I AM thinking of the bigger picture: stale game = boring game. How many times will we run Hammerdin and Lighting Sorc before we get bored?
That’s not how that works in the slightest. Even with the same knockback as Baal (strongest in the game, at 75) it only pushes them a bit away from you, at 75% of the edge of the Nova. At 1 knockback, like most skills that have this modifier, all it does is break their running animation.
Also, the Novas having CC is to make them different from other Sorc skills that do much more dmg.
Increasing monster resistances would be a nightmare. The game would be unplayable on single player as a sorc unless you have infinite respecs, which is another stupid idea
1 Like
I agree, but I wouldn’t decrease those either. I personally like the immunity mechanic of D2.
Any particular changes you’d like to make to a class or a skill?
mana cost at lower levels dropped across the board, most skills are unusable at low levels. Stamina should either scale to matter all the time or buff stam 100% for low level chars. Stam and mana for low level characters is really horrible. The first 10 levels can make a lot of people hate the game imo.
lol, yeah, those first 10 lvls are pretty annoying… and then at high end it gets extremely fast.
I’d personally prefer a middle ground.