AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

I’m in CA and have this problem

this is no accident, they are just telling us its a technical issue when they are just keepin their finger on the button for advert purposes basically. even tho we paid were not as important as people who have the potential to promote their product

1 Like

there are far more people effected by the other issue, than are effected by our issue. However, they have noted our issue, looked into it, and are working on a fix. possibly a today fix. If the blizz guy who posted on reddit is to be trusted.

crappy that we have the issue, yes, but, so far they have dealt with it well.

1 Like

That isn’t the case. My buddy is playing next to me just fine and I can’t get past the play button. Region isn’t the case.

1 Like

it’s not the same issue your game is launching and you get an error code.

1 Like

Strong claim. Can you prove it? Instead of crying about it, just have a little patience.

Dual Xeon 5675’s
Windows 10
Geforce P4000
Latest drivers, permissions are set, etc.
Play → Launching → Playing Now → Play

99% sure it’s the AVX issue mentioned above

It took quite a bit of searching to even find this post - the people posting here are probably 1% of the people experiencing this problem

Nothing quite kills your buzz like pre-ordering a game, looking forward to it for weeks, taking time off of work, ultimately just to watch the rest of your friends on your friend list progress thru multiple acts while you can’t even run it. pretty lame.

8 Likes

just relaying what im being told by my dudes that are online in the game at the moment, who knows. i would like to think thts the case instead of blizz actually being that negligent after collecting all this preorder money

1 Like

Why people can’t understand what’s the purpose of this thread? If you can’t get past play button, then you have to the same issue as most people here. Seems to be AVX problem.

3 Likes

so whats the avx fix then? i know it aint 40 bucks, so what is it

DxDiag: DxDiag-HmnPrsnMn - Pastebin.com

Maybe they want to save the servers, so player with old cpus can play in a few days.

2 Likes

avx fix is a patch for the client from blizz that will be ,hopefully, rolled out soon. simple as that. stop whining, man.

2 Likes

new motherboard/cpu is all we could do unless they change the requirement

2 Likes

so refund is the avx fix?

1 Like

from reddit a few mins ago
[PezRadar]
·[7min]

Community Manager

So this one is gonna require a quick PC Patch. Team is working on it now. Hoping for it either today at the latest tomorrow.

2 Likes

It’s not intentional that AVX is required for Resurrected - it was just a mistake in their code and they’re working on getting it fixed. No need to worry about buying an AVX supporting CPU/MOBO. This will be patched and we’ll all be able to rush Baal soon on our frail old CPUs that worked fine in the Beta :stuck_out_tongue:

Note also that it seems this bug isn’t exclusive to non AVX CPUs - people that have chips that definitely support it are also experiencing similar issues.

2 Likes

Imagine how bad the servers would be if all of us could play also.

2 Likes

Well, it’s AVX fix or a refund. AVX hasnt been mentioned anywhere before.

1 Like

I’m not completely sure but I don’t think my cpu supports AVX. I7 870