AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Can’t still starting the game after 4 day since the purchase… Are u Serious BLIZZARD??

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the automated refund system is working again.

GL to those that wish to wait it out.

fk this happen still continuous ?? what the fXXX!!! let me jas play the d2r might .

it is not a joke man

Imagine that , blue post 6 days ago :smiley: what a shame

2 Likes

I think the hardest pill to swallow here is that I can play ALL other games in the bnet launcher, but this… lol

4 Likes

Maybe 50%+ are ABOVE MINIMUM REQUIR.

This is the answer to my ticket from Blizzard.

Dear Kal,

Issue ID: #79337401

Your ticket has received the following response:

Hello, Game Master Deefrevoa at your service !

I hope you’re doing well.

First of all, sorry for the response time, we’re receiving a lot of tickets at the moment, we’re trying our best to answer everyone as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding an issue to launch Diablo 2 Resurrected. I know this situation can be frustrating, it’s never fun not being able to enjoy a game.

I checked your case in details, your computer is above the min specs requirements. However, the problem is caused by a bug affecting some “old” CPUs. Our developers are working actively to solve this problem as soon as possible. There’s nothing special to do except waiting a bit more. You can keep an eye on the forums to stay informed :

It’s only a matter of time now !

Sorry again that I wasn’t able to help you directly, I hope that it’ll be solved very soon.

Thank you for your great patience and understanding. I wish you the best. And enjoy the rest of your week-end ! :slight_smile:
Regards,

Deefrevoa
Customer Support

2 Likes

@everyone
SMILE! your on TV =)

more ppl like this one for an example are needed.

23 Likes

Hey everyone! Also in the same AVX error boat as everyone here:
I have read alot of pages and info about this and many (like me) seem to have an Intel i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz (or comparable).

I have requested a refund and got immediate confirmation (almost instantly + a feedback request on how good the service was)
Sounds good right? No I have not received my money back yet. Will allow few more days before escalating (10 days are allegedly maximum).
I only bought the game because the BETA convinced me (old w3/d2 veteran) and worked perfectly fine.
Now - almost a week later the product is still not working and no refund received yet. Feels like a scam.
Am I being delusional or is the minumum an ASAP refund for all AVX affected?
Even willing to buy again if working like the beta. lol

We are not all below spec…

AVX is not implemented in every newer entry-CPUs either. And the minimum spec blizzard gave is is a entry level low performance CPU.

My X5675, with oc 166MHz BUS clock will bash CPUs below a i7 4770 into the ground…

If AVX is needed, it has to be mentioned in the specs Blizzard gave us. If it is not mentioned, it is not required. AVX is bad for most games. Most games will lose performance when AVX is toggled. Because toggling AVX will reduce clock speeds. Any sane game developer will leave it out, if possible.

8 Likes

ive tried my notebook with internal apu intel uhd grafix

it works … sure 5 fps on 800x600 looking worse than the original but it’s not crashing for at least 10 minutes playing around in the game

the cpu is older than mine, gfx not present
seems to be a specific problem, let them fix it, it’s a normal start for blizzard, like always xd

i gotten my refund in about 6 hours of getting the last email for my refound

Steam’s statistics AUGUST 2021
-Windows 10 64 bit user 89.76%
-All Windows users with AVX-enabled CPUs 95.27%
ttps://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Maybe we are less than one percent.
Need a Refund or a new PC instead of waiting for a patch.

2 Likes

Where should I report a refund? Through support?

Yes just open a support ticket, it’s what I did.

“Unfortunately I’m effected by the current AVX issue with DR2. I was able to play Alpha, closed, and open beta’s with no problems but unfortunately with the now released build including AVX my CPU does not support this. If I had known about AVX before I would not have purchased the game as I know my CPU does not support this. I’m aware that I waived my 14 day money back because I clicked play on D2R but until I did click the play button I was unaware of the issue and situation which was going to unfold. I would therefor like a full refund for DR2 from yourselves before I head to my bank directly so I can purchase it for my Xbox one instead :slight_smile: Many Thanks”

I had a reply within 24hrs and they have issued my refund.

1 Like

In my ticket the response is the same… and “wait our guys work hard to fix this, have patience and wait.” like this…

My i7-960 can run New World just fine… can’t run d2r because of ‘inadvertently’ requiring AVX.

3 Likes

What was the last official update on this?

We’re working on it, they even advice themselves refunding until its fixed if you do not wish to wait.

I have requested a refund and got an answer.
Thank you for getting in touch regarding your issue with not being able to launch Diablo 2 Resurrected, my name is …and I’ve been taking a look into this for you.

Good news is that I’ve successfully requested a refund for you:) Remember, that you shouldn’t login to the game until we removed the game from your account, as it will cancel the process . A refund might take up to 2 working weeks to be completed.

he’s banning everyone who ask about AVX fix, he’s just a clown, i dont understand how someone like him gets promoted after this dumpster fire, complete sh1tsh0w

6 Likes