AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

por cierto la play 4 si tiene soporte avx? por que mi pc es mas potente que una play 4 y no se puede jugar

still getting the exact same issueā€¦ cmon blizzardā€¦

1 Like

It might also need SSE4 I believe, but most modern cpu should have that too.

lo mas gracioso es que tienen la cara de decir esto
Las configuraciones sin AVX estaban funcionando en Beta. Al optimizar el juego, inadvertidamente incluimos la NESECIDAD de AVX para su lanzamiento

Maybe they didnā€™t test on 10+ year old hardware? I have the same issue btw (I7-875k here). Could run the beta fine and now waiting for an update to fix the AVX requirement issue.

lo probamos nosotros con las BETAS CERRADA Y ABIERTA y se podĆ­a jugar pero no le intereso o lo que sea para no petas los servidores que de hecho han petado jejejejejjeje

D2R.EXE -noavx or -dx11 wouldnā€™t be possible? I really think so, that if they wanted to ā€¦

3 Likes

For anyone not getting refunds make sure you look at your countryā€™s consumer law, for example Australiaā€™s ombudsman will enforce a refund from Blizzard if your country has similar and you have been refused a refund mention your countryā€™s version.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to refund. Iā€™m just going to play on my Switch since Blizzard canā€™t figure out how to get a damned game to launch on a PC with an older chipset.

1 Like

I like Diablo 2 so I decided to give up waiting and buy a new PC.
My amateur guess is that it wonā€™t be resolved for a while.
I forget that the beta worked.

Good luck Blizzard!

1 Like

Iā€™ve refunded the game just now because of the AVX issue. This has turned out to be like a W3 reforged experience to me.

At this pointā€¦ i have to buy consoleā€¦ probably Activision pushed in this way.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry to see that programmers and experienced people at Blizzard werenā€™t able to figure out in advance what was going to happen ā€¦ I think it is really incredible, I canā€™t believe it ā€¦ I hope it will be fixed both for the players but also for Blizzard, otherwise it would really be the final blow and I would be sorry.

1 Like

The best thing All of us can do without AVX, now that we know Blizzard has lied about the minimum specs in an effort to Divert the blame, and knowingly so they will probably not correct the issue,

IS FOR ALL non-AVX CPU users is to just mass refund. Not one person here wants to rly play more than the next or was waiting anymore than the next.

The only thing consumers can do to companies is boycott and return the products.
yaā€™ll enjoy the arguing and waiting, I for one have learned over the many years dealing with blizzard is to just move on to something different and wait until you can get the game for 5 dollars in a few months.

Get your refunds while they are still giving them bc of this issue. HFGL and best wishes on your refunds. Stand together as a community or bicker as individuals.

9 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™m more annoyed you would continue to give Blizzard your money after they failed you on your primary gaming system of choice for this title. But hey, you want to keep supporting this awful machine, you do you.

Most people would see this as a good reason to refund and stay away from Blizzard.

Iā€™m sorry to say ā€¦ I didnā€™t think Iā€™d ever say that ā€¦ but unfortunately your words make sense at this point. I hope that everything will be resolved, but perhaps my only ā€œnostalgiaā€ for something that no longer exists.

For anyone who needs it, here is the refund link:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution

3 Likes

How is it possible tha it worked in beta testing, but all of the sudden my computer wonā€™t run it because the minimum specs arenā€™t enough?!?

3 Likes

Las configuraciones sin AVX estaban funcionando en Beta. Al optimizar el juego, inadvertidamente incluimos la necesidad de AVX para su lanzamiento
eso dice blizzard jejejeje

1 Like

Setups without AVX were working in Beta. In optimizing the game, we inadvertently included the need for AVX for launch.

This is what bothers me most, a major processor feature magically makes it into the production code. This is an absurd oversight for a company that has been in the software business for a long time and should have intense dev/qa/staging processes to find this kind of issue.

If this existed in the beta and we knew then that the game was not going to work properly on our PCā€™s, this entire thread would not exist and you would not have a storm of angry customers. Some of whom who will not likely purchase games with the Blizzard name again.

Personally, Iā€™m still optimistic for the fix and thank you for this update, but to say Iā€™m disappointed with this release is an understatement.

6 Likes