AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

ok, nice to know, what error do you get ?

We are still in a beta, this bug will be fix for season 1 start (real release date of the game)

Its funny that I can play this with my non-gaming laptop, but not with my gaming computer. Processor isn’t that important in running games, GPU does almost all the heavy lifting. However the manufacturers have to sell their **** so might as well gate games so ppl have to buy new hardware.

2 Likes

Today i opened Battle.net and received a D2R Update,
D2R Second Update Done! version 1.0.66034 …
The Game launch then crash again, like before.

4 Likes

no, the ladder will anyway start in october.
so everyone starts agasin from zero

For the people who have AVX support but its still crashing try this: use DDU to completely remove your nvidia drivers and then let windows auto install the new display driver. should be version 456.71 or something. that did it for me.

EDIT: reinstalled newest nvidia drivers again just to test and it started crashing again. returning to 456.71 appears to fix it… @Nicole btw thanks for recommending the DDU thing.

1 Like

They are now playing jokes on us.

What do you expect from the same group that called David Brevik a looser publicly? They don’t care about Diablo.

1 Like

Whelp,

Put up with a lot of nonsense to get to this point, but at the point where Blizzard representatives start lying and system reqs start changing retroactively, im out.

Refund issued, and they’ve burnt their bridges with me for a long time to come.

Good luck to the rest of you poor souls until your eventual refund too.

For the record because a lot of people don’t get the technical side of whats going on:

Blizz is using Nvidia NGX to handle some of the graphics rescaling and upsizing work inside the engine. This is a machine learning algorithm not publicly available (BETA). The init routine failing that we’re all posting from our blz log texts tells us this.

ht
tps://developer.nvidia.com/rtx/ngx#developer

NGX has dependencies, as near as I can tell one of these (Tensorflow) has been built targeting SSE4 and AVX compatible environments because this provides performance improvements to users with this feature set. Difficult to confirm this 100% when Nvidia is hiding all the code behind “apply now”.

If your CPU supports AVX, id be checking if it also supports SSE4 as a possible cause for your problems.

11 Likes

Considering the scandals that Blizzard has gone thorough since wanting to get in the China Market and the millions dropping World of Warcraft they better if they want to keep being a player in the age of new Computer Games. But then again this is a 30+ year old gaming company so that in itself is a quite the feat.

No king rules forever.

1 Like

Very True King Terenas Menethil :laughing:

Same crap here, refund issued.
Never again, bye Blizz.

Mine is not active too, thank you for your post, created ticket about this.
Please tell what version you bought - just game or Prime Evil edition?

Refund Complete!

You’ve completed the process. The product and amount listed below will be refunded to your select payment method. Refunds can take up to 72 hours to process. You will receive an email confirmation with this order number.

Game: Diablo® II: Resurrected™

2 Likes

Don’t forget to leave your metacritic reviews too guys :slight_smile:

i wasnt aware i realy hope thats true but while the guys get a taste of back in the days and get thier heads back in it and grinding we grinding our teeth realy hope the team figures it out and AQ approves asap, all those that are playing has a great advantage

25676DEF-BDE8-49B9-AA83-DF668DC91CC7 everyone gets diffrent numbers but its all the same, press play… says launching, playing game and boom

Wake me up when September ends 60629297-B8DF-4F66-BB5A-8C13B48037DF

3 Likes

pc spec?

I have the same problem
my Pc : 6gb ram , 1050 ti , AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz

1 Like