AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

this is a joke, after waiting for so long…
now there a chance to not even be able to play the game at all

the amount of time i wasted checking this page over and over, searching every news about the game for months, watching every video…

im not even mad, im just defeated in spirit

12 Likes

Over the next few days… so that means we wont be able to play the game for well over a week. God f’kn thing New World releases tomorrow

4 Likes

I bought a new CPU/motherboard yesterday and they will be here before the next “update”. Heck, I’ll have it all put together before the next forum post about AVX issues.

Not saying thats what others should do, or that this is acceptable, but just how absurd this bug is.

1 Like

lol can we take some time to laugh at how far we’ve come? it went from “its your fault for having an old PC” to “whoops we accidently implemented the bad thing” to “we were right all along, its your fault for having an old PC”

someone wanting a lawsuit better screenshot all of those before they delete

14 Likes

Got my refund. If a fix comes out I can just repurchase. Blizzard’s not going to sweat the $.10 credit card processing fee from my refund.

Hope that works for you. Over on my end we all have new stuff avx supported and we still get the same quick black screen then error you all are getting.

1 Like

I am not gonna repurchase because of the blatant disrespect, i refuse to even look at another of theyre games, they have really taken it too far. I want them to know when i get my money back i am going to buy a new computer so i can play a 5 dollar game i got on sale on steam

13 Likes

Yea… I just did the same. I am going to take that $40 and get New World and play that game instead. F’k Diablo2 Resurrected.

6 Likes

Who knew that blizzard would be such a good sales person for new world :rofl:

9 Likes

That is a sad news. I’m gonna keep playing it outside my home, I guess. 4-5 hours a week. The main reason why it hits so hard is perfectly fine beta (hell, I even streamed the damn thing and it requires a lot of CPU to stream, afaik), but the game was super fine 40-60fps.

Think about people, playing beta to ‘test the soil’ then making all arrangements to make some spare time for playing (kids to grandparents, unpaid day-offs, vacations, ‘lan-party’ style houses rent, etc. etc.) and then get hammered with: “well closed/open beta wasn’t telling YOU that you will be able to play it, it was just OUR tests, NOT YOURS, you silly”.

I’m getting over it, again, I was so damn hurt with Warcraft III: Reforged, but after beta phase of Diablo II: Resurrected it was clear to me that this time, it’s different people, different decision, different outcome, and for the most part it is truth. Yet, you were able to make this huge breakthrough unreachable to people with TESTED PREPAID COPIES of your game. Mind boggling. Not blaming or anything, but it looks like there is something wrong about it.

More so, there is no cloud-gaming alternative in my country, that I can pay for in that situation, because Blizzard actively canceled every single one of them to be able to play battle.net games.

So now, I’m standing in front of decision whether to capitulate and just play other games (it hurts) or go for another out-of-planned-budget investment in old but playable (FOR HOW LONG? will there be patches enabling another gimmicks that will shut down game access for me? Can I be sure about this after this case?) hardware.

I just feel pain, but I’m an older guy mid 30s, so I won’t make drama about it and just wait, looking up for your employees to fix things. I hope one day, I won’t need to spend money to play already perfectly working game, because someone decided it is better optimized that way for people with already better hardware then I have.

But now, I got only 2 ways to play it: office pc or to pay much money for obsolete, but gimmicky hardware. I hope you got the idea, i’m not sore, i’m just spitting few facts for my own knowledge.

But thanks for keeping us informed about “below our minimum spec” thingy, that’s nice to know, five days after launch, as a retcon. I hope everything will sort out soon. Sorry for rant, I needed to spew it out.

16 Likes

I have been trying to get a refund for half an hour and i always get the same response no matter what I try: I am not elegible for a refund :rage: :rage: :rage:

2 Likes

(1) Adam Fletcher #Diablo2Resurrected :blue_heart: on Twitter: “Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) Issue Update - 9.27 https://t.co/Z0PSkwRHtB” / Twitter

Game refunded.

Ticket opened to get refund to PayPal instead of Blizzard Balance.

What a clown fiesta.

11 Likes

Benchmark i7 970 +22% than your minimal config

Of course my mistake… grrr

7 Likes

Rofl all the haters in this thread were right after all. I thought they were just pitchforking…

7 Likes

For those of you looking to refund:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution

Speak with your wallet!

2 Likes

… are you kidding me?

Adam Fletcher / Pez Redar: Direct from the post:
"While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play. "

… Oh ok well here are the minimum specs YOU POSTED - Please remind me where it mentions AVX? I didn’t realize my dual 6core hyperthreaded Xeon 5675’s with 48+gigs of ram and my P4000 Quadro were inadequate to run your new masterpiece. My mistake.

37 Likes

already did, and once i get my my im running

This was something the Legal Dept asked Fletch to put in his tweet. This whole thing has legit gone down an awful road. The post is gonna go down in blizzard meme history and very well should wind up in a California court. The minimum system specs were falsely advertised through countless mediums, including paid betas.

2 Likes

dont forget the marginal if any performance increase!!

…“While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play.”… The most disingenuous lie I ever seen=)
Learn guys, how to reverse the situation: now they are good guys, doing us a favor.

2 Likes