AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

They kicked it and it rolled. then stopped and caught fire. and put out, apparently, on Monday.Restful sleep…

1 Like

d2 is a legend, d2r is a legendary failure

9 Likes

Tryed alot of things by now:

I tried to repair. Tried to restart the launcher. Tried to reboot my computer. Created a new account on my computer to make sure nothing was interfering. Unstilled every driver related to sound an gfx and reinstall. Tryed to reinstall the game. Tried to boot from the d2r folder, with and without admin priviliges.

Nothing works, besides waiting.

2 Likes

Thx for the link! It‘s 3.9 now, what a great game! <3

1 Like

thanks for the attempt patch… now pressing play opens a screen to start (further than it’s gotten so far) and proceeds to crash stating “failed to initiate graphics device”.

smh

When a famous Streamer would have this issue, it would be a day one patch incl. Server rollback.
But we… pre-ordered the game, so we can play on release day and weekend, but getting nothing.

2 Likes

I can get my enigma runes in classic game till they launch D2R for us :smiley:

Great. Just submitted my vote for Blizz. It’s so sad and we are all so frustrated about what happened and about how Blizz has been dealing with this issue this past three days. I’m also a fan and have been playing Blizz games since my childhood so we all understand each other. I agree with every way to show the company how they messed it up for all of us! But, let’s keep it all in the polite and respectful zone, ok? It’s not an addressed comment, it’s for all of us. We don’t need to mistreat anyone. =D

2 Likes

I really feel like a fool, I am a little pissed at myself for preordering, I should NEVER do that…I’m so dumb, I saw the ads in february, I got excited, preordered…I should be smarter than that, never buy something that doesn’t yet exist and never been tested

9 Likes

maybe blizz does this on purpose, to prevent a lot of ppl overloading the servers, so the streamers have no issues. they keep us waiting until the initial ‘streamer’ hype is over and additional server-resources are added :-)))

1 Like

guys nothing to fuss about…
It’s like this with literally any game theese days
No point in gettig a refund. wait till they fix it and play something else during that time… when the time comes and game works properly they might raise the prices for the game and if You’d refiund You’ll gonna be charged more when it works like it’s sepose to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@mod this is at least 50% sticky

I’m so dumb for preordering…it,s 100% my fault…what an idiot I am…NEVER PREORDER

1 Like

can you get a refund now, and if you can - HOW?

and i feel like a fool for sitting in front of my computer, ranting in the forums instead of doing something else on a sunny Saturday. we all know it won’t be fixed this weekend.

1 Like

and you accept that ?!?!?! you should expect more as a consumer

2 Likes

You use !!! decisiveness shouldn’t be based on emotons, rather on logic and reason…

Anyways there’s no need to refund… they’re going to get it fixed sooner or later, it’s just a matter of a little patience… and once they fix it they may screw over those who refunded and charge double for an new license… XD
So I’d “hold Yer horses” if I were You :wink:

kind of sad how irrationally mad people are getting over this, like yes sure im annoyed, but some of the stuff these people are saying is too far… it would be nice to be compensated somehow for this inconvenience, idk how they would do it, but i mean i work a lot and i took the 23rd off just to be spat in my face pants’d and pushed over.

3 Likes

@osprey its totally fine to stqay along . 1. your free time, used to relax (right? stare) 2. it could be a fix running to us in the next 1h and then you could astill enjoy d2r.

@sen i do not understand your passion behind your anger. the game EXISTS … we all know for our own what we bought, what happened and that we can give it back in most cases. why renting here around … like u know in the end ull go into bed and tomorrow will look different. :see_no_evil:

TBH the annoying thing is that it launches on my crappy laptop and gets 5 fps on the menu screen but i cant even open it on my pc