AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Thanks, sounds like your issue was different than most of us here. Glad to hear it’s working for you!

I requested the refund. Asked it be returned to me in battle.net balance since I prepurchased this back when it was first announced and I ended up moving across the US and had to close my bank and open one up in my area. So they didn’t read my request, refunded it to a closed bank account and basically said “oh well sorry we didn’t read your ticket but we already refunded it so not our problem go talk to your bank”.

After talking to my bank they said I have to visit a local branch in person to request the funds via check. Reminder I live 12 hrs away from the closest branch of that bank. Bank also said if the refund is processed to a closed account it will just bounce back to blizzard

I responded to my ticket with this info and they basically told me “yeah we don’t care, it’s not our problem now, go take it up with your bank”

Long story short. Blizzard doesn’t care

11 Likes

I ended up installing Windows on my laptop and using Steam in-home streaming to play for a little bit today, but I think if there isn’t a fix by Tuesday or so I am going to ask for a refund.

It does work, if any of you are interested. Just install it on the computer with the AVX capable CPU (even if it and the host computer’s GPU are mostly inferior to the one you wanted to be playing on) and then manually add it as a game in Steam. Then sign in with the same Steam account on the PC you would like to play the game on (so you can use your monitor, speakers, mouse, and keyboard) and select to Stream (rather than Play the game). It works, I just don’t particularly want to waste tons of SSD space on my laptop that doesn’t need Windows or games. Also the visual quality here (at least when connected via WiFi) isn’t really all that good when the action picks up. It may work better if you use a wired connection for the host computer. If I just wanted to play D2 with meh visuals though, I could just play D2.

Anyway, hopefully that is helpful for someone if they have another computer that may meet the arbitrary AVX requirement despite being overall a less capable computer.

1 Like

anything yet blizzard???

2 Likes

They even Change the topic to “older processor” .
It’s makes other looks like it’s OUR problem.
Considering their attitude they towards us, I believe it won’t be fix in the coming month. Even after ladder .

7 Likes

Because they’re gaslighting, like they’ve been doing since the start.

5 Likes

Gaslighting to the ultimate. Moving the goalposts as well. Theres an endgame here. Bliz.z-Acti is playing the long game. Just setting it all up. D4 will be avx AND some other nonsense. Brand new rigs only club. Check who theyre partnered with. How many people will feel forced into un-neccesarily upgrading and spending money on certain tech models. Collusion.

1 Like

Go Get them! Good luck!

I changed my Phenom II X4 960 BE to a I5-6600 3,30ghz. Finally now i can play the game.

3 Likes

Blizzard China
#DOGSEATERS BLIZZARD
#FIXAVX

1 Like

i think they were lucky to include minimum requirements cpu with avx rather than making a conscious decision to add one that supports avx/avx2 (since they never meant to include avx) but they will be saying now that was the case, even if it was not, same as when they specified avx requirement was a mistake on their part and then blamed us for not meeting hidden requirements with our “old” cpus

i was limited to 3 posts in one topic for a bit here, had to wait hours to post this

11 Likes

Agreed, I expect classic corporate excuses. I can only be positively surprised if the patch suddenly appears since there has not been a word on the issue from Blizzard for several days.

Hello trash Blizzard, just wanna make sure I ashamed you today.
See you tomorrow.

15 Likes

Cant play, cant refund. F you blizzard. Youll never see another $ from me again.

10 Likes

Goodmorning everyone,
I ask who is dealing with the problem for AVX, if someone can kindly tell me if and when there is an update of the patch, otherwise I am forced to make a refund and I would not want this.
Also I see that there is a sticker that reminds the maintenance for Tuesdays from 02.00 to 9.00.
Hope it can be a new patch.***
Thanks for your attention.

6 Likes

I will not change my cpu for these idiots…
Patch the f@#% game Blizz…

16 Likes

The maintenance is to add a “Plays best on Alien ware”.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

You can refund. Just do open ticket. I did it too.

1 Like

Si tienes un Phenom II X4 960 BE NO solo la CPU has tenido que haber cambiado si no la placa base para ese i5 y memoria ram que no cuentes milongas jejejejejje

3 Likes

Refunded this piece of poor programmed software. Now I have money on battle.net balance so I can give it to Blizz once more. Marvelous.

5 Likes