AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

IM ngl i tried to pirate this game(still havent refunded) and even the pirated version crashed lmfao

A non-answer answer.

2 Likes

I really enjoy the fact that minimum reqs state you need an i3, and I have an i7 AND I CAN’T LAUNCH D2R. Stop telling us that it is OUR fault for having older CPU’s when YOU failed to tell us we needed AVX support! Why can I play newer games like Cyberpunk but I can’t play a freaking re skinned 21 year old game!? For the love of all that is holy GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR BUTTS AND FIX THIS GAME.

9 Likes

Hi there! Add how mysterious and funny the time that was the: sojs trading. You could buy any item for amount of sojs, higher for rarest! Kepp you sojs… If they fix the Game and we play…

Happy week anniversary! Hope y’all are enjoying the game as much as I thought I would be. Still unsure because I can’t play yet :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hey there folks,

Just poking my head back in here to clarify something and let you know this is still on our radar, and one of the things QA is prioritizing for a fix. No new updates to share for now, but I figure it’s a good time to address a sentiment being expressed here.

It’s not our intention to blame anybody who purchased the game expecting it to work after it worked fine in the beta, though I can see how the wording of the post could be read that way. Expecting the game to work is a relatively reasonable assumption considering how powerful most of your CPU/GPUs are, and the minimum system requirements. As mentioned in the original post by PezRadar "In optimizing the game, we inadvertently included the need for AVX for launch."

The key here is it was done “inadvertently”. We know that we caused this, and while many CPUs which are under our system requirements lack AVX support, some (such as most of the ones posted about here) are powerful enough despite not having it. For players with CPUs strong enough to run the game, we figure the right move is to correct this. We want to get this handled for everybody, but we aren’t sure when that fix may occur just yet. You can keep an eye on PezRadar’s thread (linked in the blue post above) and this one for more updates as they become available.

Latest update on the situation is from September 27th. If you haven’t read it yet, you can go to this post. I’ll keep adding whatever info I can to this thread as it becomes available.

(P.S. for those in the thread who have CPUs with AVX support, please note that this is not the cause of all crashes. If your CPU has AVX support, you should troubleshoot the crashes. If it fails you can start your own thread or contact support for one on one help.

If you cannot tell if your CPU has AVX support or not, ask the community here or reach out to support using the link above)

61 Likes

Well, that’s sounds hopefull…
But without ETA irritating enough

4 Likes

I would assume by 11th of October at best or worst case we could be looking at another 2-3 weeks . Surely your techs have some idea of an estimated date.

Thank you posting an update. The reason why people have the sentiments of getting blamed is when t was said that PC without AVX is below the minimum specs because it was clearly not indicated in the list you provided. The best thing to do would’ve been was to simply say that it was inadvertently added (which you did as well as some of the things that will follow), make a quick apology, say something is being done and provide some sort of ETA for the fix. We could have go on without the insinuation that people committed the mistake by not adhering to the tech specifications by saying the not having AVX is below the minimum requirements.

5 Likes

Thank you for updating us, that’s all we ask.

3 Likes

Is it okay that a person who does not have an AVX compatible CPU is bad?

Thanks for update. Atleast clear to me now that hopefully I wont need to spend 300 USD or so on updated CPU. For the time being I will remain annoyed but calm… Atleast I can play on Xbox

2 Likes

Thanks, Drakuloth.

I know we are rather hostile here (for a reason really), but I think I speak for all when I say none of it is towards you. In fact your post has been best communication during this time. Maybe they should make you the main person to discuss with community since you do excellent job with it.

18 Likes

Thanks for the update man. I appreciate that however, it’s trash that we are sitting on the side lines with overpowered CPU’s (in my case an i7 when the minimum req is i3) and we can’t even launch the game. Blizzard owes us.

9 Likes

Very happy to see some blue text in here. That was a much better response than we’ve seen recently. Took ownership, provided a follow up that we haven’t been forgotten.

Definitely better than trying to redefine how most normal people interpret system specs around processors in lawyer speak.

4 Likes

Hope is dead. The D2R launch is over and we will never get another chance to be part of it. Even if blizz fixes it tomorro, It’s too late for some.

15 Likes

Thank you for the update.

If I may provide some constructive criticism for any communication shared with the customers in a situation like this:

Do not mention that all of the CPUs affected by this issue are below the minimum system requirements. Despite this technically being true from the perspective of “is your CPU from an older generation than minimum required”, rather than “is your CPU slower than the minimum required”, not only does it not bring anything useful to the table since you folks had already confirmed this was an unintended change and working on reverting it, but it also angers the customers even more who are already angry. It makes us feel like we haven’t read the system requirements and expecting something to work that shouldn’t work by design. I know this wasn’t the intention, but this is how it came across.

19 Likes

No hace todo lo posible por arreglar el techo cuando los cimientos son malos. Arreglas los cimientos y luego te preocupas por el techo. No hay parche / arreglo hasta la escalera y estaremos aquí para verlo ~ :kissing_heart:

My friends already found their first SOJs and I’m not even able to create a character. We have been planning this for a long time. The disappointment is unfathomable

12 Likes

MY disappointment is immeasurable and my day… nay, my week is ruined.

7 Likes