Auto-Gold : Controller vs Keyboard

I don’t want gameplay changes forced on PC, because of controller support. The toggle with auto-gold will become redundant, because party members will rush ahead or run over the gold themselves. I suggest you keep controllers for the consoles and don’t change pc gameplay.

When a chest opened and gold flew out, you clicked to pick it up. Having auto-gold doesn’t feel like a QoL change, it feels like an auto-gameplay mechanic. What other mechanics will change on PC for controller support?

Even when you use paladins, you have to slot auras to use them. Some screenshots showcase multiple abilities on your toolbar. Are you able to slot auras, but still be able to use other abilities?

PS : This is my opinion.

I want PC gameplay changed. I want hotkeys for automate skill usage, I want auto-gold. I want it to play with modernized controls.

I also want the option to play on PC with a controller. Surprisingly ARPGs with controllers perform better. I knew I was going to hate D3 on consoles til I tried it. Then I wished D3 had controller support on PCs.

The same thing happened with Path of Exile. PoE is better with a controller, it just is…

The control scheme makes more sense.

The change vs no change battle goes on. :slight_smile: :wink:

I cast one vote on change side.

i agree there should be a decent number of changes. i just dont want to throw to many into the game at once and mess up the balance that makes this game what it is. main thing i want is more space be it from stash or character slots. after that its mostly a fight between opinions. lol

Having the option to use unslotted abilities changes the paladin.

Even if they do, that really does not matter. Gold in multi-player games is shared no matter who picks it up.

You will still be able to play D2 (2000) or LoD (2001) if you prefer not to have that option to even exist.

What is the point of the toggle then?

The toggle is a very minor convenience. An optional minor convenience.

So all the people doing rushes automatically get their gold? Even when originally most of them ignored that gold to maintain speed for the rush. That would make the game so much easier to farm gold. I don’t see that as a good thing.

Gold does not matter in D2… The only thing you use it for is repairs and gambing with Gheed.

Everybody is normally at gold cap without even trying. There is no benefit to gold in D2.

You seem to be looking for some sort of advantage - there is none. There is nothing to complain about here. Either leave it off, or turn it on. Either way in multi player games gold is already split between players no matter who picks it up.

Gold is also good to steal in pvp to get the lobby spiced up

Looks like this game is turning into Diablo 3 already.

LOL you’re hilarious

If you really think that being able to run over gold to pick it up, that it makes it like D3 - you don’t understand either game.

I get it, people like to post “concerns” and make exaggerated statements.

Gold pickup in D2R is not a good one to try to rile folks up on. Nobody cares because gold is nearly useless and does not matter.

I played D2 for my own reasons. Not your reasons. I never used bots to play the game for me, but now you’re offering bot options to every player? Way to change the experience by making things automatic instead of manually operated.

People rushing usually had an exp leecher running behind them and picking up gold. Either way ‘dropped’ gold is not a major thing. You get far more gold by selling items than from drops unless you are running 500+% gold drops. If auto picking up gold ruins the game for you, not sure what to tell you. I find it a non-issue. You can always turn it off and figure if others have it on, it’s the equivalent of them picking up the gold. You all split it anyways.

Second just because you see a skill as slotted does not mean it is being used. A slotted skill of a pally aura means he changes to that skill when you hit the button, just like when you assign it to a key. It does not mean I can run three natural aura’s at once. Just like when I assign them to my F-keys it will switch between them. I always had different aura’s assigned so I could switch to common used one easily.

As well as gold being a nuisance with all the small gold drops in an area cluttering up the actual drops.

Now that leecher doesn’t have a job anymore?
Always the machines who put men out of work.

A zeal paladin could only use one aura.
Dual aura paladins couldn’t use any attacks.

Screenshots with controller show many abilities.
Can we dual aura and use other abilities now?

That must have changed in a patch past when I played because aura’s were not available in my selection of the left mouse button…not a good improvement IMO.

Think of the controller screenshot as having a visual of your hotkeys. You still get two skills but now you can see what you assigned. You still have to push the button to change those skills.

I’m talking about D2R screenshots. The new “Controller” support. You can clearly see multiple abilities assigned to the controller buttons. That reminded me of how auras are used on the paladin.