Assassin using "Leaf" staff and Fist of Fire?

Hi All,

Edit below

I have a question about using a “Leaf” staff with the Assassin.

My character is mainly a Trapsin that switches to dual claw on Bosses etc.

With a Leaf staff equipped you get +3 to Fists of Fire in the tree as its a Fire skill, but can not be used directly as its not a claw weapon.

My question is if I charge up “Fists of Fire” with dual claws and switch to “Leaf” for a finishing move are the charges released with +3 to fire or are they release under the conditions they where charged at?

I’m loving playing through D2R, I’d like to play smarted not harder this time through.

Edit

This has been a splinter in my mind since I posted I had to do something. It’s far from scientific but it works for me.

So I screen recorded a battle on Andariel

Attacked with charged FoF and DT and got 15 pixels of damage with claws. Then I charged again switched to the leaf staff and used DT and got 26 pixels of damage. That’s good enough for me, I’m calling it confirmed till further evidence presents itself.

Trying to kick this into visibility.

I honestly don’t know. My instinct says no it won’t help as most ‘values’ in this game are set when ‘summoned’. Applying this to the Assassin charges, the value would most likely be set when you first hit things thus generating the charge. When you use your finishing move it would only use the existing charge, not re-calculate the value of that charge at the point you use a finisher.

1 Like

if you want fire damage why not claws of the firelizard? 1. faster attack 2. possibly better fire damage anyway. 3. you can use claw blocking and 4. you get all the positive mods off of the one extra claw. more often than not the smart thing to do is to not overthink things. hakims razor applies most of the time in any situation.

Leaf is only good leveling w Wake of Fire until 25 when you can switch to sprint/ancients. Outside of that it’s pretty useless.